Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Should I rebuild my 4.6 myself???

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Well....PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! LOL

Sooty no pics I didn't think about doing that. I can rake done now. It runs and sounds great I'm breaking it in now it's run about 10 min at 2000 rpm so far . Had a little misshap with the oil filter adaptor gasket leaking around the water out key but got it straitened out.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
LOL always nice to fire it back up.

I will get some pics up hopefully this week I'm going to clean the truck up first it's very dusty from sitting but it made the first 60 mile trip between lastnight and this morning. I have to tighten some exhaust bolts I couldn't get the flange bolts tight enough with the tools I have at home so I will fix that at work.

Still working in getting pics but I have over 300 miles in the truck and it runs great. I borrowed my friends edge evo cs to try out and I have to say I'm not that impressed it think my truck ran better without a box back when I had the high compression from doing the pi head swap on the stock non pi bottom end. I like the trans tuning options bug overall not impressed. The performance is less now because I had dished pistons put in with the rebuild an lowered the compression bug I kept the pi heads and cams. Defiantly looking at sct and custom tunes to get the most out of my setup. But money is tight so it will be closer to winter before I can get enough to get a tuner. For now I'm going to do some detail work on the rims and body to get it looking better. Near future is window tint, vent shades, and some color matched trim and grille with billet inserts. I'm also going to level the truck to give it a better stance. At least it's running again!!!!

image-1718841256.jpg

Just cleaned it up earlier this afternoon my iPhone won't upload more than one photo I will try on my computer later. But here is one pic I will get more up soon!!!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Same color as the wifes Expedition! Nice truck.

Nice looking truck especially in that colour

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts