Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

shiat wagon from hell....

OK... I have a 1990 f-150 with a 5.8 litre efi and e40d tranny. I will admit that its been a great truck: when it doesn't require daily repair. took it into the shop to get the brakes looked at because they were working, when they felt like it that is. I was told that the master cylinder, wheel cylinders, and front brake lines needed to be replaced, so Like any other self respecting broke student I then hoofed it down to my local auto parts store to order the parts. they came in today so I went to start the truck, and was greeted by a very nice, Cheerful "CLICK" after 45 Min of cursing, coercing and tinkering; it finally roared to life... briefly roared to life I should say: because after about 30 seconds what I can only guess was the backing flange or plate on the crank shaft pulley broke free. it is now sitting in between the pulley and the engine block. if anybody knows what this damned thing is, whether it needs to be replaced, removed... PLEASE HELP!?!?!?!?! :hammer:

Ford Truck Articles