Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Seriously thinking of making an offer II....any red flags?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
So, I've seen this rig up close and personal every one of the 6 car shows I've entered my rig in in Maine and it's far more decked out (more chrome and what not) than mine even.

PRICE IS RIGHT.....2 things: 1- is it's standard, which I might be able to live with....heck, all I had in high school and for the first several years of my driving life was a standard (maybe not for a girl if we have a girl). 2 - no AC, but I think for $1000 or so, we could fit it for AC, right?

This guy has been trying to sell this rig All year and his initial offering was $27k.

So what do you fellas think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976...d-/330819212073?forcev4exp=true#ht_500wt_1182

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Everything has a 'right price'...truck looks good for the right money. What the 'right money' is, is the million dollar question. Personal taste, not my cup of tea...too gaudy, loud and cheesey. There's obviously a lot of money in that truck and there are redeeming characterisitcs, but for the money...I'd go elsewhere. To me, there's a huge difference between Scott's ex-79 and that truck...this truck has a lack of elegance. Scott's I see as a legitimate 20k truck...that one, maybe 7k.

Anyway...that aside...I don't see anything wrong with it, just a matter of preference.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Everything has a 'right price'...truck looks good for the right money. What the 'right money' is, is the million dollar question. Personal taste, not my cup of tea...too gaudy, loud and cheesey. There's obviously a lot of money in that truck and there are redeeming characterisitcs, but for the money...I'd go elsewhere. To me, there's a huge difference between Scott's ex-79 and that truck...this truck has a lack of elegance. Scott's I see as a legitimate 20k truck...that one, maybe 7k.

Anyway...that aside...I don't see anything wrong with it, just a matter of preference.

Thanks Ben.....I was thinking I'd dumb down some of the gaudiness if I got it.
$7k? Yikes! :suspicious: , really?

Scott's, $20k, ABSOLUTELY! smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

GM torch red blasphemy.:)

:wasntme:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^That's why I always hate talking price/cost/selling with guys that have a rig that was obviously designed and set up specifically for shows...what tickles one guys' fancy won't another. And that truck, is not a direction I would go. It obviously has the custom doodads that grab attention, but as a street driven vehicle...ehhh.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I'll have to go with Ben. I am more interested in a completely functional original truck.

That is NOT to take away the amount of effort and work that went into that truck. Preference is personal. I hope you find what you are looking for, Ken.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^That's why I always hate talking price/cost/selling with guys that have a rig that was obviously designed and set up specifically for shows...what tickles one guys' fancy won't another. And that truck, is not a direction I would go. It obviously has the custom doodads that grab attention, but as a street driven vehicle...ehhh.

I gotcha.....understood.

I'll have to go with Ben. I am more interested in a completely functional original truck.

That is NOT to take away the amount of effort and work that went into that truck. Preference is personal. I hope you find what you are looking for, Ken.

Thanks Doug...we have plenty of time.....but will talk more with the wifey. If this guy wants to rid this rig, we might offer something low. I'll turn it into a more functional rig if it happens.

mm_0_mm

Kansas Chapter member
are you sure it's a standard? I don't see a clutch pedal in the shot that shows the steering wheel and it has the wide brake pedal...I think the brake pedal is narrower in a standard application?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
There is a shifter on the floor next to the transfer case shifter, but I don't see a clutch either??? And, like you said, it does have the wider brake pedal for an automatic application.

Hey, I'm just a kid (I guess) My opinion never goes very far in my family any way. But I like what my Grand dad says. Whatever you are looking to buy is exactly worth what you are willing to pay for it. Not what the guy is asking for it. It's a ton of eye candy that I am years away from considering anything that is in that price range. But if I had that kind of money lying around not doing anything. I don't think so. I'm into using my truck. I wouldn't like to own anything I couldn't take down a logging road chasing an elk. But if it was just for shows and such? Yea, I would try to strike a deal. What a beautiful piece of work it is.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles