Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Running Boards

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Honestly I don't like the running boards because the make the truck look like it's lower to the ground. Taylor I bet if you removed those running boards it would probably give the visual effect of lifting your bronco 1-2". Look at Tom's truck for example-- before removing it looked like a damned lowrider.

Honestly I don't like the running boards because the make the truck look like it's lower to the ground. Taylor I bet if you removed those running boards it would probably give the visual effect of lifting your bronco 1-2". Look at Tom's truck for example-- before removing it looked like a damned lowrider.

I've been told "I just payed for that, there's no way your gonna start tearing into it"

Just unscrew them down to the last threads then drive it over a big bump and act angry when they fall off :D
Hawd damn you Skankster 'toetap' , I have another family toodoo to attend in a couple of weeks!!! :fan:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hawd damn you Skankster 'toetap' , I have another family toodoo to attend in a couple of weeks!!! :fan:
So while they're all sipping adult beverages you're going to sneak out and remove the running boards, right? :D

Then Taylor can go out the next day and go "ahhh!! someone stole my running boards!!"

Michigan
hey man if you like the running boards on ur truck then leave em. Opinions are like a$$ holes, everyones got one. Im still considering the running boards. I have a few inches of ground clearance that i can willingly give up.

Mall curbs are fun when ur in a ford probe LOL not so much fun when u just hop over em in a lifted 350.

hey man if you like the running boards on ur truck then leave em. Opinions are like a$$ holes, everyones got one. Im still considering the running boards. I have a few inches of ground clearance that i can willingly give up.

Mall curbs are fun when ur in a ford probe LOL not so much fun when u just hop over em in a lifted 350.

I'm mixed about them.

I'm with Jim's neighbor! :)

I've always seen running boards on pickups as, for de-crap-itated old farts.

About ten years ago it was a sure sign of a retired old fart from Michigan or
Illinois. Now it's hard to tell, they went an' got Arizona plates since. LOL :)

My friends have strict orders to not ask any questions, just shoot me in the
head if they see me drive up with running boards on my '75 F150.

YMMV? ;)

Alvin in AZ

I'm with Jim's neighbor! :)

I've always seen running boards on pickups as, for de-crap-itated old farts.

About ten years ago it was a sure sign of a retired old fart from Michigan or
Illinois. Now it's hard to tell, they went an' got Arizona plates since. LOL :)

My friends have strict orders to not ask any questions, just shoot me in the
head if they see me drive up with running boards on my '75 F150.

YMMV? ;)

Alvin in AZ
My Bronco was owned by an older guy!

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
yea but if everything goes as planned, the truck wont see an ounce of salt...

My 95 bronco had those steps on it (well one) but it was rusted and i jumped on it and it broke off LOL Just had to take the brackets off and never put any new ones on it.

Only reason why im wanting running boards is because.... This weekend it was nice so i took it to a bon fire party. The Weekend before i washed out the vynal floors and used tire shine to make it shinny (Bad idea)... Well we decided to go meet some people at the local bar/bowling alley and a girl went to get into the truck, slipped on the very slippery floors and hurt herself. So i felt bad for the rest of the nite (kinda) Floors are still nice and shinny tho ;)

well if a girl wants in your truck then you shouldnt have runing boards or steps!! just get behind her and give her a boost up in there!! heck it worked for me 20 years ago why not nowdays:rofl:

Michigan
haha im with ya on that one!

Ford Truck Articles