Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Roll Call

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
So how 'bout it guys? Our fearless leader has already started us off with his invitation and introduction so I guess I'll go ahead and kick off the roll call for the rest of us.

I'm Connie located in Lubbock currently but originally from about 45 miles south of here in a podunk called Brownfield... *you'll notice the trend of names if you ever look at a map of my area, pathetic really*

I grew up on 5 acres with 2 horses, been driving since the phone book made my legs long enough to reach the pedals pulling a hay trailer through the fields and my first Ford was a broken down hunk that resembled an 83 F100. It was a "gift" from my uncle because the wonderful city of Levelland *another one of them names for ya* decided it was an eyesore and told him to move it.

I went to SPC *where Natalie Maines of the Chixie oops, Dixie Chicks went* majoring in programming until Cal II beat me up and spent three years getting in trouble in good ol' Leveldirt *search youtube for the James McMurtry video, it's just abt true* before I finally got out and into "the big city" of the Panhandle Plains where I don't hope to stay. Now I'm in accounting and taking internet classes from, where else, SPC to transfer to Tech if I'm not lucky.

I currently own the Silver Bullet *more like lead but hey, it sounds fast right?*, a 79 F100 Ranger that just got a heart transplant this winter and Ugly, an 85 F150 who got a nose job last summer. She now resembles that old 83 F100 so technically I still have a piece of every Ford I've ever owned. I chose Ford because I got tired of being stranded in my dad's Chevy's and just to piss him off.

I think that about covers it and as you'll discover if you haven't already I tend to not shut up so I'll cut myself off here before anyone falls asleep. ;) Look forward to meeting y'all!

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Uh i live in lubbock also,

I bought my truck for 4k, and have spent atleast that much back into it...

Im never quite happy with it.... It can always be better...

Um i voluntarily moved to lubbock.... But i like it alot compared to austin.... Ugh, i dont get along with big city life...

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Well, alrighty then. My turn I guess.
Born and raised until age 16 in Greenville, Miss.
Family moved to Irving,TX, I lived there untill I could not stand it anymore. I got a wild hair moved to Korat, Thailand for three years or so. When I got back to the US, I moved to Grapevine, TX. I lived there untill a few years ago, and decided I didn't want my daughter to be like those city kids, so we moved to little old Boyd, TX pop. about 1000. My first Ford was a 72 Maverick 302 auto with a shift kit. It wasn't much to look at but it was one fast little SOB (might mention that some of the motor was under the hood, some in the back seat, and some in the trunk,when I bought it for $250.00). That car hooked me on fords. Next, I got an old 66 F100 240 three on the tree(bought it from an old man that had run it off into the Trinity river. My scooby diver truck). I just about ran the wheels off that thing. When I got it I planed on restoring it but as it was a daily driver and had an invisible target on it, every fool on the streets ran into the damn thing. I gave up and sold it before going to Thailand. When I got back I bought a 97 F150 4.2 kept it a few years then mess up and got a 2000 F150 lease( they called it a smart buy HaHa!). Dumped that and got my present truck(sig).

Last edited:

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I forgot one I also had an '86 Mustang. Got it in 94 after I got upset at my '66 trucks hood popping open one morning going to work at 60mph on the freeway other cars all over the road. I was lucky as heck I was still in the right lane and nobody was stopped in front of me. Funny "F"ing joke truck Ha Ha! you'll be going on the block soon.

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
Uh i live in lubbock also,

I bought my truck for 4k, and have spent atleast that much back into it...

Im never quite happy with it.... It can always be better...

Um i voluntarily moved to lubbock.... But i like it alot compared to austin.... Ugh, i dont get along with big city life...

i paid $1750 for silver and $300 for ugly. Total about $6000 on silver in the past nearly 7 years and on ugly, well i sold it back to my parents for $350 and then when i put the new nose on it dad gave it back to me so i got my money back and didn't have to pay for it the second time but it's had over $2000 put into it and that's JUST to keep it running and i've had it for 11 years. man that makes me feel old... i've had it since i was in hs.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Clean truck robert!

Belive it or not my truck USED to look like that...

Today it don't look like that. It hasn't been washed and waxed since before xmas. Thanks for the compliment.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts