Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Road Trip!!!

well idk

Well i dotn know were the post went but i want to go to mexico in around 4 or 5 months i want to know if my truck would make it allright its the 7.3 of course and i live in high alltitude in denver what do you thing

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Can't really tell you yes it will make it, or not it won't make it.. Would need more info on the truck first and foremost... and then it's still no guarantee. Just to many variables, IMO smilieeatndrink

details

well it has the 7.3 dti diesel motor and it has about 215000 miles on it, but almost everything has been replaced i put in a new turbo about 2000 miles ago also a new five inch exsost and it had the pipe that had been flatend from the factory i had them push the fire wall out so i they could put the full size pipe i dont know whta else i wou8ld need to let you guys knoww let me know, Thanks, Nathan

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I don't think you should have any problems, by the sounds of it... but like I said earlier, you can't really be 100% sure...

Even new vehicles break down every now and then. :suspicious:

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
The first post took a road trip. Hopefully it will make it back ok. :D

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Reliability can be hard to predict...in my driveway right now are two late-'90s Fords. One's got under 100k, and the other well over a quarter million. One's busted, again, and is a vehicle I cannot trust for long trips- and it ain't the low-miler. (The other one is way too worn out to want to drive any further than across town...but with a good toolbox, I'd still drive it a long way if I had reason to.)

*The other part of this is where you're going. No way in hell I'd take a vehicle I owned into Mexico without a REAL good reason. Like somebody's life on the line kinda reason.

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
a guy i rent farm land from has a 7.3 with 760,000 miles never ben overhauled (no typo) and he run all over the USA with it every week

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts