Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Replacement body parts

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Its starting big time rust . When time comes just want some ideas

Time to redo the 94 or let it rust away as a firewood truck .
I'm getting a beater car to run for gas MPG but the truck is going no where.

Need input on full bed sides . I have checked out 4 western /southern beds that look like new but the mirror test above wheel well shows the light corrosion . MY bed is solid ecpt above wheel wells and rear lower

So bed side I can replace them myself easy to do . Weld on put on light putty of any dents and spray .

A repair panel 4 x hours of work .

What ya think

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I haven't got a good idea of cost, which would be a factor for sure...but it seems like by the time you locate a good bed, get it, do all the clean-up etc. (and paint, if it's not white) you'd be time and effort (and probably money, too) to yank your current bed off*, fix it up, and throw it back on.

*I say yank it not so much because you'd need to to repair the bedsides, as because it's probably time to clean up your frame, spring hangers, and all that jazz...

Other option, I guess, would be to build a flatbed...depends what you're going to use the thing for, I guess- I know you like the bed/cap to keep your tools in, but if you're buying a car to drive to work, maybe that's no longer a factor?

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
The place I used to buy generic part closed now and can't find full side local . LCM want way to much for shipping . So I have to find a east coast supplier

Thanks for reply John112 .

Its about same for any way I go price wise .Beds coming off to replace tanks and springs anyway.

For repair panels (about $175 side+- for arch panels and inners )and have them welded in/body work will be over $800 Painted . And then ha have lower panels rust out in year or 2 would be my luck

Full replacement bed sides R $350 side and I can weld on as every weld is hidden for the most part . And probably get painted for A trade of some sort

Southern bed $900 plus paint

Flat bed not option . They look bad and to haul coal or wood r a pain . I really need the cap and reg bed for local contracting stuff I do on side.

Basically The truck is getting Gone through and kept .

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts