Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

remote start

rambler

New Shoes......
wife wants a remote start for the cold winter mornings. my SD is a 5.4 gas.. any suggestions on a good ( cheap) one I can self install ?

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
My 6.0 has viper one on it. works pretty well. got some nice distance to the remotes too.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
my 6.0 has compustar, love it.

My 5.4 has the ford dealer installed one, sucks $$$

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I have the viper on my King Ranch and Expi, but 1) they aren't cheap and 2) not easy to install. The friendly VIP or walmart versions I heard are pretty easy to install, but they only work if you're standing right next to the vehicle!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Mine with no obstructions (trees and hills), I can start my KR from almost a mile away.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
I have the viper on my King Ranch and Expi, but 1) they aren't cheap and 2) not easy to install. The friendly VIP or walmart versions I heard are pretty easy to install, but they only work if you're standing right next to the vehicle!

the viper one on mine looks like they used wire taps to connect into the factory wire harness. wish i knew what model it was.

rambler

New Shoes......
still looking,, bulldog has one that seems interesting,, you either pay $99 up to $500+ for these things... ( oh and of course installation)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I've got a bulldog deluxe 200. Install took about 4 hours and was moderately challenging, but I do lovely. Has works great for probably 6-7 years now.

Ford Truck Articles