Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Quick Exhaust Question

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I am getting rid of my headers due to the motor issues I posted about before and going with manifolds. The front pipes will be 2" diameter at the manifold. Should I just run 2" exhaust all the way back or make it 2 1/4" after the mainfold flanges? I'm running the exhaust out the side after the rear tire. I will be using cherrybombs.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
That's what I thought. I will just run 2" all the way back. I didn't notice much improvement with the headers I had on anyway. I'm not looking to race it or anything. It is just a stock motor. Thanks for the quick response.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Motor is in. Rear seal leaks. Battle with Autozone and engine company. Both were of no help. Autozone sent me free rear main seal and oilpan gasket to fix leak. They refused to send me a motor with the right heads and/or pay labor for me to fix seals. Lesson learned: Don't buy anything more than an air freshener from them. Where I work at we used to buy a lot of stuff from them. Like thousands a month. After my motor incident we haven't bought anything. The engine company is Sure Fire Engines. I found on another forum someone complaining about the engines and one person said" The only thing sure about the engine was it would fire a piston through the block around 60mph" :rofl:

Motor is in. Rear seal leaks. Battle with Autozone and engine company. Both were of no help. Autozone sent me free rear main seal and oilpan gasket to fix leak. They refused to send me a motor with the right heads and/or pay labor for me to fix seals. Lesson learned: Don't buy anything more than an air freshener from them. Where I work at we used to buy a lot of stuff from them. Like thousands a month. After my motor incident we haven't bought anything. The engine company is Sure Fire Engines. I found on another forum someone complaining about the engines and one person said" The only thing sure about the engine was it would fire a piston through the block around 60mph" :rofl:

LOLerz dude I could've told you that about AZ... they just flat out blow. Plus there's something about their store that wreaks of a store stuck in the past. I mean go in there and go into an O'Reilly's - totally different feel. Plus, I find that most of the AZ stores hire idiots who can't find the dipstick in their own vehicles let alone test my alternator.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Plus, I find that most of the AZ stores hire idiots who can't find the dipstick in their own vehicles let alone test my alternator.

smilieIagree

seems like alot of them are highschool kids.. and while some of them are pretty good at helping look up what parts you need.. your lucky if they know what they are. :rolling laugh:

I usually take the old part in with me, so they can match them up..

The dreaded O'zone is even a last resort for air fresheners for me. I completely agree with all that has been said. Its like going back to 1990, And as far as parts go, I've got an 82 Dodge Ram, with a 225, and I bought 3 yes 3 starters from the ozone before I finally came up with one that worked. The first worked pathetically for almost a week, the second turned it over once, finally the third was a winner.

Good luck, and at least its running now :D

Ran into a PARTS MANAGER at AZ once who couldn't find a damn part if the software they use (crap) didn't have a pretty little color picture to look at on the screen...

WORTHLESS!

SC
My local napa pretty much lets me go in the back and get what I need. They are all dumbasses except for the guy who works part time on Saturday mornings.

Im running a 79 F350 booster on my truck but I have no idea what the MC is supposed to fit. It would be great to know because it fits the 350 booster and the npt fittings are the exact same thread as F150-250. The guys cant take the part number and cross refference it to a vehicle. Lame.

I once applied to parts stores just to see if I could get hired for the parts discount... problem is, they get all their buddies hired instead.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
We don't have O'Reilly's here :headbang:

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I applied at AZ....The manager told me I was overqualified...wtf?! I do have a job promised at Discount.....once one of their guys moves to a new store that just opened.....Discount auto parts FTW!....Shoulda bought a tough one engine.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts