Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

put new SD coils and bags on front of the 95

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Well got most bugs worked out of the 95 F150 plow truck I got . Put the SD F350 coils on front I had for the 94 . And a set of Firestone Coil right air bags.

Coils make the truck sit up real nice. Visually can see difference in thickness. Holds plow great with no air in bags . Rated at 1500Lbs heavier big time.

As for bags they r 2"-3" to short .I only put one in . I need to get in contact with Firestone and see whats up.. Never had issue before with any of their stuff. The new coils r same almost same height as old ones just shade higher not 2 inches worth

Now get get exhuast fixed its loose on the motor and new tail pipe

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
The bags are ment for stock springs, when the F350 coil, they are so much stronger it doesnt sag onto the bags. My bronco is the same way. Bags are ment for stock springs.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
The bags are ment for stock springs, when the F350 coil, they are so much stronger it doesnt sag onto the bags. My bronco is the same way. Bags are ment for stock springs.

Thanks bud
you put the lower plastic washer in on top the nut cone ?

I have put bag/Coils Combo on at least 10 trucks now but from different manufacturer.. Never had issue before but they were softer material. And they say F150 To F350 .
But have spacers on the way .I did not like the Cone that sat over lower nut anyway . Had pipe fitter at work make me some .

Truck is 2" taller than My 94 but its got 200000 plus on it . Its next

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I put the big cone on the nut, With my stock bronk springs and air bags it worked right, but with the F350 ones it doesnt. Maybe its caus the F150/bronk is lighter and its higher then the F250/F350?

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
bags just touch the cones now I road around with plow on . It hardly moves when plow is raised .

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Haha my dont budge at all either

Ford Truck Articles