Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Project HO!!!

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Some of you may be wondering where I've been keeping my self lately, then maybe not. I've started a new project as some of you already know.

I'm swapping out my old tired 4.9L 6 banger for a '93 5.0L HO I pulled out of a Tbird. I'll be using a '94/'95 Mustang T4M0 computer. I've worked out most of thew details on the electrical portion of the swap, as well as the mechanical portion.

Here are a few of the after teardown pics. There will be more to come. The schedule for this project is for early Summer '09 so don't get too impatient.

The block needs to be bored, my figures indicate between .20 and .30. The crank needs to be turned to about .10 under. Cam, lifters, and pushrods are toast.

Here it all is ready to go to the machine shop:
302001.jpg

302003.jpg

302004.jpg

Like I said more Pictures to come. Y'all enjoy!!!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Are you keeping your same transmission? If not, what instead?

Looks good...

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
btw buddy i cheked and i found the perfect cam.. ( the one im using ) but with a higher LSA for FI engine... you are goind MAF right? if so this is the one

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=CCA-35-351-8&autoview=sku

mine is the same but with a 110 LSA for carbed

the powerband is gr8 for a street truck.. the hp and torque are almost equal this is a dyno of that cam in my engine.. mine has Gt40 heads tough

3140774657_9421e19510_o.jpg

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
DAMN!! I saw "Project HO" and thought this was another thread about Tony!!

AWESOME project. I'll keep an eye on this!!

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Looks like a neat project!

I'm with everybody else....If you rebuilding that 302, might as well make it worth while and throw some performance parts on it.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Are you keeping your same transmission? If not, what instead?

Looks good...
Yes, Ithink it will hold up fine

Looking good! Biff!!
What are you going to do with it? go stock or trick it out?
A little. Maybe more in the future. I looking at get a Tweecher.

Not sure if it applies here, but a common upgrade for the 5.0 mustang guys is the gt40p heads out of a 5.0 explorer, cheap and easy.
Those heads are hard to come by around here.

btw buddy i cheked and i found the perfect cam.. ( the one im using ) but with a higher LSA for FI engine... you are goind MAF right? if so this is the one

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=CCA-35-351-8&autoview=sku

mine is the same but with a 110 LSA for carbed

the powerband is gr8 for a street truck.. the hp and torque are almost equal this is a dyno of that cam in my engine.. mine has Gt40 heads tough

3140774657_9421e19510_o.jpg
That cam is a lot like the Ford racing E303 I had in mind. Cool graph.

Thanks everyone for your support. I'll keep posting progress photos and info!!!

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Yes, Ithink it will hold up fine

That cam is a lot like the Ford racing E303 I had in mind. Cool graph.

Thanks everyone for your support. I'll keep posting progress photos and info!!!

what tranny u got again?

yeah but its a little more modern cam and soppose to be more efficiente and powerfull.. but i dont know if the difference is that big i dont think so.. the E303 cam will do fine i bet :) keep in mind that it has a lower torque curve tough so.. its was designed for mustangs or light cars... with a big truck you need some torque to get things moving

search for 302 cam in the engines 302 forum

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Update!!!
Got my upper intake, injectors, and throttle body off ebay. Cheap!!!

I cleaned up the upper and lower intakes. The injectors are still soaking, so y'all will have to wait to see those. I should be able to get my block and crank off to the machine shop this week.
013.jpg

012-2.jpg

I also worked the Tbird fan into my original fan shroud.
001-1.jpg

I cleaned up a lot of the parts, but was too lazy to pull them out today, later!!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm almost embarrassed to say this...but if I could barely recognize those parts (just kidding...sorta)...guess I'm just a simpleton who's happy with his carbed engines. Looks good though...good luck on the build.

Ford Truck Articles