Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Prayers requested for all involved.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
The other day a good friend of mine, and one of his friends was apparently racing another vehicle, and ran into and killed one of my aunts good friends.

The lady who was killed has a 14 year old son...

My friend walked away with only minor bruises, and so did the other guy who was driving.

Everybody was wearing seat belts... so that might have been what saved the kids lives, but tragically it didn't hers. I heard they where doing 80-90mph when they hit her head on.

here's the newspaper article on it: http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/aug/23/andersonville-woman-killed-head--collision/

I hate to say this Ty....your friend should be in jail.
Innocent person killed for a race???
I pray for the victim and that family. The racers...in jail.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner

I agree......

I agree 100%, although my friend wasn't driving. He was just a passenger.

There is a time and place for racing, this wasn't it.. especially at almost 100mph.

Couldn't prove they where racing though, that's just what I heard from another friend of mine, but I wouldn't doubt it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Agreed

I agree 100%, although my friend wasn't driving. He was just a passenger..

Guilty by association...you ARE who you hang around, like it our not.

There is a time and place for racing, this wasn't it.. especially at almost 100mph..

Yeah...it's called a race track.

Either case, good luck to your friend and the driver, I hope they get everything coming to them. However, I hope they come out of the ordeal a little more responsible, a little more mature and a helluva lot more serious about driving. As I've said before, a vehicle is nothing more than a 2 ton bullet, you can't take it back.

As for the family that experienced the death, thoughts and prayers go out to them.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
There was a kid around here a few years back that had just gotten out of jail. His parents gave him a place to live and a car to drive to help him get back on his feet. It was a mustang don't remember what year. He was racin a Camaro one night on a 4 lane seperated by median and hit a car that pulled out in front of him at over 100 mph. Ironically, the car he hit was his mom's. She was a nurse and was taking an older patient out for a drive to look at the Christmas lights...Killed both his mother and the older lady instantly.......he did get what he deserved......after 2 weeks of freedom he's getting damn near life for 2 counts of vehicular manslaughter......whoops.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Agreed

Guilty by association...you ARE who you hang around, like it our not.

Agreed... but how are you supposed to get out of a speeding car. I'v been along for the ride in sitauations before, whether I liked it or not.. and I'm sure you have too.

Yeah...it's called a race track.

I won't sit here and say I haven't raced, cause I have. but only red light to red light, or playing around on a four lane... and never to much more than the posted speed limit.

Either case, good luck to your friend and the driver, I hope they get everything coming to them. However, I hope they come out of the ordeal a little more responsible, a little more mature and a helluva lot more serious about driving. As I've said before, a vehicle is nothing more than a 2 ton bullet, you can't take it back.

Agreed...

Replies in red...

There was a kid around here a few years back that had just gotten out of jail. His parents gave him a place to live and a car to drive to help him get back on his feet. It was a mustang don't remember what year. He was racin a Camaro one night on a 4 lane seperated by median and hit a car that pulled out in front of him at over 100 mph. Ironically, the car he hit was his mom's. She was a nurse and was taking an older patient out for a drive to look at the Christmas lights...Killed both his mother and the older lady instantly.......he did get what he deserved......after 2 weeks of freedom he's getting damn near life for 2 counts of vehicular manslaughter......whoops.

Dang... that's insane.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Agreed... but how are you supposed to get out of a speeding car. I'v been along for the ride in sitauations before, whether I liked it or not.. and I'm sure you have too.

That's where your judge of character and knowing who your 'friends' are comes in to play. There were some of my friends my parents absolutely forbid me from riding with...and there were others I knew 'how they were' and I'd refuse to ride with them. To begin with, I didn't get it or understand it and was a little pissed at my parents, but after I started seeing the wrecks and tickets pile up, I got the point. Sure there are those exceptions...but I bet I was right 95% of the time. And in those 5% of cases, it doesn't hurt to open your mouth and tell them to stop/slow down/etc...instead of egging them on and laughing the whole way. I'd rather look stupid for not riding with somebody than be dead or be involved in the death of somebody else. Plain and simple, it comes to maturity...and the quicker a kid finds out that 'the man' isn't trying to kill their fun, rather, keep them from being killed, the better off they'll be.

I won't sit here and say I haven't raced, cause I have. but only red light to red light, or playing around on a four lane... and never to much more than the posted speed limit.

I'm not a prude, and I can't say I haven't red light raced myself...but there is absolutely no reason to race at the top end, unless you have a death wish. As far as I'm concerned, folks that get in accidents or speeding tickets for cruising at excess speeds like that, should NEVER be able to legally sit behind the wheel of a car again.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I really don't understand why people feel the need to race each other on streets. It's pointless. I am happy to say the only thing I have ever done in a vehicle to that magnitude is to beat the sleepers at the green light, and then when I hit the speed limit i'm off the gas. Maybe it's because my own money goes into my vehicles, so i'm more appreciative of them. Whatever it is, other people need to start feeling the same way.

Prayers go out to the family of the lady.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I feel bad for the lady dying and her family. Your friends will hopefully get everything they deserve. Now they have to live with killing someone for the rest of their lives because they were trying to show who had the faster car. How stupid. If I was in a car and someone did something reckless like that while I was a passenger chances are they would get hurt when the car stopped. It is a real shame that people have no respect for other people's lives and this proves it even more.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That's where your judge of character and knowing who your 'friends' are comes in to play. There were some of my friends my parents absolutely forbid me from riding with...and there were others I knew 'how they were' and I'd refuse to ride with them. To begin with, I didn't get it or understand it and was a little pissed at my parents, but after I started seeing the wrecks and tickets pile up, I got the point. Sure there are those exceptions...but I bet I was right 95% of the time. And in those 5% of cases, it doesn't hurt to open your mouth and tell them to stop/slow down/etc...instead of egging them on and laughing the whole way. I'd rather look stupid for not riding with somebody than be dead or be involved in the death of somebody else. Plain and simple, it comes to maturity...and the quicker a kid finds out that 'the man' isn't trying to kill their fun, rather, keep them from being killed, the better off they'll be.

I'm not a prude, and I can't say I haven't red light raced myself...but there is absolutely no reason to race at the top end, unless you have a death wish. As far as I'm concerned, folks that get in accidents or speeding tickets for cruising at excess speeds like that, should NEVER be able to legally sit behind the wheel of a car again.

Well said Ben......I couldn't agree more. Prayers to the family(s) for sure.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts