Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Power Steering Hose

Does anyone know the part number for the power steering hose going from the pump to the steering box (pressure side). I had a 1977 F150 with a 351M with a Saginaw Steering Pump. I swapped that with a 460 (L&L Conversion kit) so I had to replace that pump with the C pump with came off the 1979 460 Police Interceptor. FYI - the Saginaw pump won't work with that conversion kit.

masterbeavis

California Chapter member
You can take the two hoses and have them made together as one? I had to do that when I put the lincoln motor in my F250.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Yeah, the saginaw pumps won't work with their conversion. Their bracket is made for a stock pump. NAPA lists a pressure hose for a 77 F150 4x4 with the same part number for different motor applications. Don't know if that helps or not. They also have universal pressure lines too.

Powersteeringon460.jpg

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Here is the stock pump setup on my 77 F250 4x4. I did the steering conversion, so it's basically like the 78/79 F250 4x4s. I know yours is an F150, but still with a 460.

IMG_0918.jpg

Interesting... I'm confused more! Thanks A lot!!! I got a few months to think about it!! I got one from NAPA and it was way off... The drawing above seems to be the Saginaw pump.... I believe I need the drawing for a 1979 F-150 4x4 with at 351. I know the 460 only came in F-250s or very few F150's 2WD only. If you can, get me a 1979 F150 4x4 schematic.

Thanks!

masterbeavis

California Chapter member
Buck, what did you do to get your power steering pump to clear the steering box? Is that the kind of truck bracket that fits? I remember the other kind that did not want to clear?

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Buck, what did you do to get your power steering pump to clear the steering box? Is that the kind of truck bracket that fits? I remember the other kind that did not want to clear?

It comes darn close, but not hitting. I didn't have to modify anything. I believe the pwr steering bracket is stock.

The schematic above is of the Ford Pump.

The Saginaw pump is the shape of a can of ham.

If you look close at the schematic you will see various engine descriptions with their own special mounting.

Remember .....No factory 460 in a 4x4 until 1983

My pump came off the 1979 460 2wd truck. it is the one with the plastic hosing, which the drawings don't seem to depict. Maybe I'm missing something. I installed that plastic power steering pump with the L&L bracket. Maybe I'll have to attach a picture. Time to hit the treadmill right now.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts