Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Pitchers

primetime

sawmill slave
I was going thru a drawer I hadn`t touched in a few years and found some pictures that have been AWOL for awhile. They are some pics of some of my other Fords I`ve had. Please excuse the crappiness, I don`t have a scanner so I used the digital cam.

This was my first truck. In fact my grandpa bought it used in 1987. I say used because he had an uncle who was white collar at Ford. My grandpa chose this truck from several others that were at the executive used car lot in Dearborn. It had 400 miles on it. He had it delivered to one of the local dealers. I rode home with him in it. Then I got it two months before I turned 16. It started out as a F-150 4x4, 351 HO, C-6 Lariat. Black with bordello interior. I eventually turned it into a lifted big block monster, beat the poor thing to within an inch of it`s life, and it is currently waiting for me to finish gathereing parts and put it back together. This picture was taken behind a friends house. I`m standing in a rut made by a 38" tire.
SANY0082.JPG

This next one is a 94 F-150 4x4, mass air 5.0, 4R70 truck that I bought in 02 with 130,000 miles. Over the next five years I drove, and beat on this truck for another 120,000. The convertor failed while the little woman was coming back from Ohio in 07. It made it home locked in second gear. I swapped in factory front and rear limited slip diffs from an 87 Bronco. This truck was VERY capable for what it was. This picture was taken at the 08 Presque Isle county fair mud bog. I took third place with bald junkyard mud tires. The truck that beat me had brand new swampers with two different drivers. The handsome:suspicious: devil next to it is me.
SANY0080.JPG

This next one is actually a two-fer. It`s an 89 F-250 7700 truck that I bought in 07. It was a 2wd with a 351/C-6 Lariat. Believe it or not it was the first 2wd truck I ever bought. I actually bought it to use the cab and clip on my 87. But it drove so nice I couldn`t part it out. I put 10,000 miles on it and sold it 2010 to help finance mamas Exploder. The picture was taken by a friend at Onaway Motor Speedway at their first mud bog. The pit had 4' of mud in it. That`s the Hillbilly Hot Rod parked next to it, which was making it`s debut. The dude standing next to the truck is my buddy who originally put it together.
SANY0081.JPG

Again, sorry for the quality, but just thought I`d share. Maybe I`ll grab a shot of the truck the blue on replaced the next time I`m at the junkyard.

primetime

sawmill slave
Thanks Duncan. I`ve never really been very concerned with taking pictures. I kind of regret that now.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Funny you say that, a good friend was always the one to take pics (before the digital era) and we used to give him a razzing.
His pics saved my butt when a 15k PA system was stolen from my house 20 years ago...the insurance company's repsonse was "who has that for a stereo?"..well, I did and his pics saved my bacon.
Now, I take pics of damn near everything.

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Those are some awesome pictures Justin! smilieFordlogo
Always have at least one photo of any vehicle you owned!

Thats some great pics Justin - sounds like you've had plenty of fun with them over the years.
I hear you about taking pics and also wish i'd taken a lot more over the years.

primetime

sawmill slave
Thanks guys. I have had a lot of fun with my trucks, and I plan to have a lot more. I would actually like to find a cheap F-150 for a play toy to take to mud bogs and tough truck races and to flog on the two tracks, but it`s hard to justify when I have so many other projects to finish.

Ford Truck Articles