Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

PCV valve location?

2003bmtf150

Locomotive Whisperer
I called the Ford dealer parts department who told me my PCV valve is "intake mounted". That info was given when I told them the last 8 digits of my VIN. Where on the intake is it? My Chilton's book and the O'reilly's parts store folks say it's on the right/passenger side valve cover but I only found a plastic elbow, with a vacuum hose, behind the ignition coil pack. That hose runs to the throttle body assembly. My truck, a 2003 F150 4.2L V6, has 100k miles & calls for it's replacement in the maintenance schedule book supplied with the owner's manual. I hope I don't have to pull the intake plenum to access it, but I will. Any help, or picture references, will be greatly appreciated.

blacksnapon

Staff member

4_2_pcv.jpg

2003bmtf150

Locomotive Whisperer
Went to #5 location, no valve. Just a plastic 90 degree elbow as described previously. Some are equipped with an elbow, some with a valve evidently. Correct me if I'm wrong, but no sign of any valve. Thanks for the picture, it really helped a lot.

Ford Truck Articles