Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

PATS(passive antitheft system) wiring diagram

I have 97 f150. Swapped 4.6 with 5.4 out of 99 expedition. Motor and trans both came from expedition. Ive got all the sensors plugged up. There is some differences between the 97 an 99 such as the PATS ignition system. Ive got the expeditions dash tore all the way apart to see the differece between the two and seems like u have to be a guinius to figure it out. I was wondering if i could just jump a wire from the output side of the PATS wire to the input side of the PATS wire at the pcm. Needless to say i would need a pcm pinout diagram and chart. Im in a big mess can anyone help???

blacksnapon

Staff member
I have 97 f150. Swapped 4.6 with 5.4 out of 99 expedition. Motor and trans both came from expedition. Ive got all the sensors plugged up. There is some differences between the 97 an 99 such as the PATS ignition system. Ive got the expeditions dash tore all the way apart to see the differece between the two and seems like u have to be a guinius to figure it out. I was wondering if i could just jump a wire from the output side of the PATS wire to the input side of the PATS wire at the pcm. Needless to say i would need a pcm pinout diagram and chart. Im in a big mess can anyone help???
Pats runs through the instrument cluster.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I would spend the cash on a custom tune, save yourself a crap load of time and energy and have them just disable the PATS system altogether. WAY easier and when I did my keyless ignition/pushbutton start, it made life so simple.

JLOWERY

Tennessee Chapter member
On my 97 it took a regular key but on my 02 it takes the transponder type key. I know I had a regular key made for my 02 and it wouldn't hit a lick. I don't know if this could have anything to do with your problem or not but I know when I use the regular key my injectors won't fire.:confused:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts