Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Pats Key

JLOWERY

Tennessee Chapter member
I only have one working key to my 02 Super Crew everywhere I've read said that if you don't have 2 working keys you have to take it to the dealer to get the key programmed is there anyway to do this myself?

blacksnapon

Staff member
I've heard that some locksmiths can do it but I cant say for sure. Its not that much for the dealer to do it.

JLOWERY

Tennessee Chapter member
That's what I was afraid of. I checked with our "stealership" and they quoted me $75 to program the key and $25 for the blank key.

JLOWERY

Tennessee Chapter member
I didn't mean to afend you by any means it's just this dealership here is known for really sticking it to people on service and they've kinda got you by the nuts here unless you want to drive 60 miles to the nearest one. They changed the oil in a buddies truck and left the drain plug finger tight well we both know what that resulted in a blown motor but they said he loosened it and wouldn't do a thing about it That's how this dealership works down here.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts