Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Part number guys Please help.

Maybe someone knows; on the back of the insturment cluster I found 2 plastic covers over the studs on the temp and oil presure gauge studs. They have a Ford stamp on them with the part number C9ZF-10C914.
Someone added aftermarket Temp, Oil and Amp gauge cluster under dash and I want to do away with it and reconnect the factory gauges. Not sure what these covers are for and if they were come frorm the factory or were added to some reason. thanks

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Maybe someone knows; on the back of the insturment cluster I found 2 plastic covers over the studs on the temp and oil presure gauge studs. They have a Ford stamp on them with the part number C9ZF-10C914.

Someone added the factory Rallye Temp, Oil and Amp gauge cluster under dash from a 1977/80 Pinto and I want to do away with it and reconnect the factory gauges.
Part number guys? Guys? You mean there's more than one here on FTF? [confused]

C9ZF-10C914-A or -B = C9ZZ-10C914-A .. Ammeter Insulator Cover.

Fits: 1969/71 Mustang / 1971/73 Maverick / 1973/79 F100/350 / 1975/90 Econoline / 1978/79 Bronco.

Fits: 1977/80 Pinto with Tachometer-Use on Fuel-Alternator-Temperature Gauge Cluster.

This was what Ford called the Rallye Gauge Cluster, bolted under the dash.

The bezel is rectangular with three round holes in it.

Last edited:
gauge cluster under the dash is a factory Ford part? Maybe then I should leave it. Wounder how hard it would be to hook the cluster gauges back up?

Yes, There is another one.

Thanks for mentioning me :(

Those white plastic covers are for protection to keep metal things from touching the Power Hot connectors.

The numbers stamped on them are engineering numbers not part numbers. "Terminology is everything"

7879ClusterbackwithGauges.jpg

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Yes, There is another one.

Thanks for mentioning me :(
How much actual Ford Dealership parts experience do you have?

None. I have over 35 years.

How many Ford basic part numbers have you memorized?

Prolly less than 100. I recall at least 10,000.

How many Ford Car & Truck Parts Catalogs, O-S-I (Obsolete-Supercede-Interchange) Catalogs and Master Cross Reference Catalogs do you have?

Ten...or so? I have over 500.

You are a terrific source of info, Dennis, but you are not a Ford partsman.

I don't mean to be an azzhat, but facts are facts.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

C9ZF-10C914-A or -B = C9ZZ-10C914-A .. Ammeter Insulator Cover.

Fits: 1969/71 Mustang / 1971/73 Maverick / 1973/79 F100/350 / 1975/90 Econoline / 1978/79 Bronco.

Fits: 1977/80 Pinto with Tachometer-Use on Fuel-Alternator-Temperature Gauge Cluster.

This was what Ford called the Rallye Gauge Cluster, bolted under the dash.

The bezel is rectangular with three round holes in it.

Great information Bill!

Bill he didn't ask for a Ford Partsman of any years experience

The title of the thread is ,Quote: "Part number guys Please help".

I fit this title... so,honour that at least and please stop making something it isn't

RocketScience

Alleged Recruiter
'Crabby Ford Parts Guru'

Well Dennis, at least he admits it. Hahaha.... :rofl:

As usual, Bill, 'Johnny on the spot' with the part numbers -you amaze me. And Dennis, great post-up on the cluster pic, you guys ROCK! :)

I know Bill feels unappreciated by lots of people

He forgets that I am NOT one of them.

I am always telling people how great Bill is......but from post #2, He forgot about me for some reason. That was IMO...quite rude :(

Ford Truck Articles