Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Packing Hubs

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Hey guys,

I know this is a pretty strait forward job--and I have done it before. BUT, it's been a while since I dove into packing hubs on my own, so it doesn't hurt to ask. Does anyone have a step by step to refresh me on this job? Even any useful tips?

Also, what grease do you guys use, and how often do you repack your hubs?

thanks!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
For general road driving I don't bother to check them much more often than when I change or repack the wheel bearings. If you're doing a lot of off-road, namely in mud or other stuff that'll slosh water and grime up into the hubs then it's probably a good idea to check them after you finish playin around. As for the grease, I use Redline Synthetic grease.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I useed redlinne synthhetuc greas on your.. heyye Chriss ,l what up>?

Quick, I need my decoder ring...

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
ho canj you decode whn i don even knw wtf I am sayui9ng lolollol

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
puale you motehehr friuker you areteh win of th driunk sepeak!

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
lisck my pickel yoru licker of trhe pcikels!!

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
CHris knows all aobutu the picksle. disnt have to decipcode it. he nw it instantlhy.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
"Chris is super awesome and lots of girls probably try to kiss his perfect face and body. I wish I could be just like Chris. And his truck is cooler than mine."

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
^^^ yeha!!! Exhacatly whaaa I dint say! muy trucki has battle scarss. yorus has... idi jontg know, but ist has something less cool than battle csars!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
"Sometimes I wish that I could move to California just so that I could hang out with Chris, because he's so awesome. Maybe if I hang out with him long enough then I can learn how to be just like him. That is my life-long goal. Oh!! Maybe I could get a ride in his super wicked awesome truck too, that would make my day. No! My WEEK! YEAR!!"

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
i don want to larn to lobve teh weiner!@!!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts