Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

overheating/high oil pressure

gsxr1238

Be fast.....or be last.
Guess you don't have a restricted exhaust problem! Get some good numbers together and post them. Lot of sharp guys on this site to help you with troubleshooting.

84-6.9L

Under Funded
It's my first post but somebody is on to the right lead, because you instrument cluster voltage regulator is on the fritz, happens in my 84 from time to time. The regulator is changing voltage causing both the oil and temp gauges to read higher then normal, I bet if you pay attention I bet your fuel gauge reads higher as well. Start with the simple things first the regulators are cheap and are known to go bad.

Temp haulage does this as soon as the truck starts. Oil stays abou this unless I'm Dickinn off and revvin it up. Gas gauge is a little iffy. Speedo gauge is off for sure. I was going about 25 and it said 10. Then was goin about 10 and it wa at 0

Attachments

• image.jpg
Last edited:

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
My 77 reads that high on initial start and sometimes for about 20 mins.

The owners manual says as long as your in the normal band theres no need for concern.

If you speedo is that far outta wack thaus why you dont think itll do over 50

84-6.9L

Under Funded
That temp gauge is pegged and its due to the cluster regulator beat the dash lightly with a fist and sometimes they go back to normal.
Or your sender shorted out.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles