Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Original Hubcaps

Img0049.jpg

76BrochurePage7.jpg

Last edited:

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Those are only for the F100 and F150.

I'm sure F250's didn't have alot of choices for wheels.You probably got a steel wheel with a dog dish hubcap.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I have 2 dog dishes on the front. Original maybe? Dogdish won't work on the back. The axle is like 4 inches through the rim.

Most likely not.Unless the factory used two different size hubcaps on the trucks(one for rear and one for front),I'm sure the ones you have are wrong.The hubcaps that should be on there are probably some really deep dish hubcaps.

Looking at your pics,it looks like you have a full floating rear end(correct me if i'm wrong),so there definitely was a different hubcap for that.I'm gonna guess that your truck has the 16.5 inch rims...

Looking at these Camper pics in the 77 Brochure,it looks like the hubcaps are definitely deeper than the ones on the front of your truck.

7.jpg

In this pic from the 81 Brochure though,the truck with the camper at the bottom doesn't have any hubcaps,so there's a possibility ford just used painted wheels on your truck.

8.jpg

Last edited:
I have 2 sets (Minus 1 hubcap) of those type hubcaps.

One from the F250 and one from an F150.
Yes, they are F/S

These are original stainless steel hubcaps.They supposedly stopped using them before 1978 but they're in the picture of a full time 4wd truck on the front of the 78 brochure. Go figure.
Ford supposedly went to the aluminum after the s/s

7006.jpg

I have yet to see or here of one of these s/s hub caps that were made for a 4wd. I cut the hole in these dented hubcaps. I have a nicer set if I find some one with a knock out tool the right size.

7007.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Damn Mark...never been a fan of hubcaps, but those look really good. And how much weight did it take to balance that front tire...looks about like 5.25oz. Why on earth would a tire that tame need that much weight?

78F250

New Jersey Chapter member
I finally got two rims to replace the ones on the back. I had to strip one to bare metal. It had layers of paint on it. The other is white already with just a touch of rust. Some white rustoleum should spiff them up. I think I'll just go with the wheels with no hub caps.

mine came with the " Ford RV pickups " picture type that are on the trucks that are on the bottom of the brochure. They had off white painted rims and dog dish hubcaps. This was the 16.5 wheel set up Bout the ugliest stock comb you could find. Had to finally break down and buy a new set of rims when the only set of tires I could find was from China and were so out of round that the tire guy told me all of my rims were too distorted to balance.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
I have yet to see or here of one of these s/s hub caps that were made for a 4wd. I cut the hole in these dented hubcaps. I have a nicer set if I find some one with a knock out tool the right size.
7007.jpg
[/QUOTE]

My dad had hub caps that looked a lot like this on a '78 F-150 4x4.

The white, Ford used on wheels,toppers etc is called Wimbledon White.

maybe write that in your notebook :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts