Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Original Bull Bar????

The truck that i have, has a bull bar on it and it doesnt look like a newer one. Did any of these trucks have an original bull bar and if so how would i know if it was original or not ?????

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yes, there was a bull bar option, and outside of looking at actual fit and finish...I dunno how to tell the difference between factory and not. But aftermarket bull bars seem to be relatively prevalent.

I agree aftermarket bull bars are ALWAYS very easy to tell. Here are a couple snaps of the bar up close and the other is my dog decided to jump into the cab when the door was open

Last edited:
I agree aftermarket bull bars are ALWAYS very easy to tell. Here are a couple snaps of the bar up close and the other is my dog decided to jump into the cab when the door was open

It's a factory bar. One of the more rarer models as well as the pre 77 is harder to find than a 78-79 bar.

I don't see any mounting tabs for fog lights on your bull bar, indicating that it is not original?

the mounts were optional. Looks like an original to me.
John

Correct, lights were not standard and neither were the brackets. The brackets screwed on. They made a set of brackets for the top and bottom bar, neither of which will interchange with each other.

Thanks once again for the info fellas, and i guess i will def be keeping it as it is in excellent shape

78PushBar.jpg

Ford Truck Articles