Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Opinion and help on elect radiator fan install

Guys, I'm looking at installing an electric fan to replace my engine fan. I've been looking at a Flex-a-lite fan http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQFordQQF-250QQFlexaliteQQRadiator_FanQQ19761997QQF21114.html but can't seem to find out whether or not these come with the controllers/relays that I'll need to tie it into the A/C system. Do any of you run this fan now and did it come with everything that you needed. How about some other recommendations that you guys are running. My trucks a 97 460 EFI. Thanks for any info.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
If you wanna save some money you can go with an efan from a 90s t-bird. This is a very popular fan to use because it moves ungodly amounts of air and you can get it at the junkyard for chump change.

Do a google search for Taurus fan swap. You'll get lots of results. The tbird fan works the same way but it's large and better suited for our trucks big radiators.

not to be an @**, but i know theres a HUGE thread somewhere about e-fans, the Search is your BESTTT friend =P

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I used the Perma-Cool 19510. It costs a few bucks more but it's so easy to install and it's reliable. no wiring nightmares at all, and easy to adjust the temperature for it to kick the fan on. You'd have to pay me $450 to install a fan from something else and contrive a birds nest of wires that may/may not work.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts