Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

O2 sensor resistance values?

2003bmtf150

Locomotive Whisperer
My '03 SES light is shinin' and threw a 0174 code. Bank 2 (passenger side?) is lean so I wanna measure the resistance values of the up and down stream oxygen sensors first. Can I get some feedback, please? I have no source to tell me what they are supposed to measure. I'd appreciate any help.

blacksnapon

Staff member
the o2 sensors are measured in dc voltage

O2S(s) should switch from rich to lean at least once every 3 seconds. O2S voltage should toggle above and below 0.450 DCV and never be a negative value. Valid O2S switching only occurs during closed loop fuel control.
Downstream O2S(s) will stay close to a constant voltage when the catalyst monitor is off (positive value only). When the catalyst monitor is on, O2S will switch rich to lean above and below 0.450 DCV and never be a negative value.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Is there not at specific resistance at at set temperature?

2003bmtf150

Locomotive Whisperer
O2S(s) should switch from rich to lean at least once every 3 seconds. O2S voltage should toggle above and below 0.450 DCV and never be a negative value. Valid O2S switching only occurs during closed loop fuel control.
Downstream O2S(s) will stay close to a constant voltage when the catalyst monitor is off (positive value only). When the catalyst monitor is on, O2S will switch rich to lean above and below 0.450 DCV and never be a negative value.
Those voltages are good to know cuz checking them is gonna be my next step if there's continuity through the sensors. It's my understanding that the sensors should read a specific/minimum resistance value across their pins when the plug is disconnected and the sensor isolated.

Ford Truck Articles