Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Noob, with my first Ford, couple questions

Michigan
Il be in St Louis after christmas for a couple days.

Do a tune up on it, i agree to get the exhaust taken care of, i would check around online for a catback exhaust system (if there is a cat). Get it all freed up because those big motors like to breath and fart. Good luck! Welcome this messed up place we call the forum...

Take it into a shop would be easiest, if you must, get a cat, a single exhaust will be cheapest, have it go out before the rear tires, or just dump it before the rear axle. I did the dump before the rear axle, headers back, 2 glass packs cost me 250 bucks...
That was with a 30 dollar tip too.

Yeah man, if you could do headers and have the dual exhaust come out before the tires it would be sick. Oh, and glasspacks: YelloThumbUp

Jerome Casi

Missouri Chapter member
Ok so I have called some shops, seems like about 400 bucks is the magic number for an exhaust though. Only one place is open about removing my cat converter because the vehicle is still within the 25 years of emissions testing. That is something I have not thought about, I am trying to figure out if military is exempt from emissions testing, cause I have lived here 3 years and never received anything about it????

Ok so I have called some shops, seems like about 400 bucks is the magic number for an exhaust though. Only one place is open about removing my cat converter because the vehicle is still within the 25 years of emissions testing. That is something I have not thought about, I am trying to figure out if military is exempt from emissions testing, cause I have lived here 3 years and never received anything about it????

Well, if you are military that would not mean permanent residence and therefore would mean that you are only subject to the laws in your home state. Thats the way I understand it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts