Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

no reverse! HELP!

atcJESSEb

Florida Chapter member
ocala
so my reverse recently decided to stop working.
i have found out that when the tranny is cold(in the morning or after school, sitting for a long period of time) it works but when the trannys hot its got nothing. almost like having two nutrals? wtf

idk what to do with it
you guys got anything???

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Without knowing how your newer trans works (newer than my e4od), my first guess would maybe be the reverse solenoid in the solenoid pack.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Sun gear is going out. along with the reverse clutches. Had the same thing happen to the wifes and my tranny's! You are about to have yours rebuilt. And I would have it rebuilt vs. buying a junkyard trans. they make a stronger sun gear for our trans and the clutch packs are better too.

atcJESSEb

Florida Chapter member
ocala
yeah well i got 8 months left till i leav so do u think it will last that long?

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
nope. In all honesty I am surprised it is still goin

atcJESSEb

Florida Chapter member
ocala
yeah it started about a month ago it still runs pretty good.
when the reverse does work it run perfect

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Sounds to me like SOME teeth are missing on the star gear. you may be able to limp it just don't back up a hill with alot of torque. ie 4 lo LOL that is what did mine in.

atcJESSEb

Florida Chapter member
ocala
i think i just need a new truck its got 300.000 on the odometer and no reverse bad signs haha

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
hell no keep her and make her right! LOL

atcJESSEb

Florida Chapter member
ocala
yeah i most likly will but shell be put up for a while ...untill i make her baja ready!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts