Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Newest addition to the garage: SCS!

Stoner Dan

California Chapter member
Well, it's actually a replacement of my '73 F250 CS--a '74 F350 Super Camper Special with only 78K miles on it! GAWD, it's even got A/C and the seat is in great shape! It's missing the spare and the extendable rear bumper and it's running 16s, but other than that, it's in amazingly good condition. Matter of fact, I haven't seen one in such good overall original shape.

Anyone know where I might find one of those original SCS rear bumpers?

Attachments

• IMG00098-20101202-0728.jpg
  • IMG00135-20101105-1605.jpg

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Wow that looks amazing. Good find!

Ryan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Holy hell man...you definitely lucked out on that truck. I'd love to score an SCS in that kinda condition. They don't pop up that often around here...and when they do, they're rough.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Way nice! More pics!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^I don't believe it's stock.

I have one of those extendable bumpers on my parts truck.

It is a homemade one but the person did a job worthy of being OEM

It's for sale if you can come and get it.

Last edited:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
What's wrong with the bumper?

Nice rig! smilieFordlogo

Ken, I think he's looking for an extendable bumper which would have been original with an SCS. The bumper he has on there, which looks nice, would not be useable if he plops a camper on the truck.

Stoner Dan

Yeah, I'm looking for the original bumper that telescoped out kinda like the way a cherrypicker extends its arm. I think the SCS rear bumper had 3 settings, if I'm not mistaken ––*I've only seen one or two of these intact.

As you can see, everything is pretty much original and intact. I'm gonna see if I can have a clear vinyl seat cover made, cuz that's about as Seventies period-correct cheesiness as you can get.

I even found a set of five gauges in simulated woodgrain bezels that'll match the 1974 Kraco CB radio I've been saving for the restoration of my old '73, but they'll all match this interior perfectly!

Attachments

• bed.jpg
  • dash.jpg
  • engine.jpg
  • front.jpg
  • rear.jpg
Those clear plastic seat covers were made by Sovereign

We had them on our 64 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88

I have a telescoping bumper ,it isn;t factory though

When are you coming for it ?

I'll need a torch to remove some of it ;)

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Again, that's a nice truck! Give it a good cleaning in the engine bay and it should look even better.

(An interesting place for the horn, though...)

and Oil filter styled Air filter cannister

Stoner Dan

@74: But it's not as nice as yours is...yet!
@Mil1ion: have a pic of that bumper of yours?

And thanks for the compliments, y'all! The more I look at it, the more questions I have, though--maybe you guys can help:

What is that canister on the air filter for? A second filter? What was that needed for?

I've never seen this trim combo before: rocker trim, no dent molding, trim around taillights, no matching trim at all on tailgate. Am I missing some trim or was some added or is this the original trim package?

Do all horns on these Gen 6s go bad? Seems like all that I've seen lately don't have working horns. Mine has an aux horn button on the dash and that crazy horn placement under the hood.

Get yourself the twin horns from a Caddy ,Buick,Olds, Lincoln

you will love the difference

I'll see if I can find a photo of the extend-a-step

I would say that your tailgate is not orig. That is why it does not have the trim. I saw that first & color is slightly off. Not a big suprise I bet most of those lost thier tailgates a long time ago. Take them off for big overhead camper & put in garage. Never to be put back on. Then forget to give to the buyer when sold. I got a mint one like that years ago my cousin's dad bought a 78 with a camper with rear door on it & the tailgate had been off the truck since almost new! Wish I still had it.
John

Ford Truck Articles