Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

new techs help

will tech help here help in making repairs?

• Yes, I wouldn't try without it

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • No, I'm not going to try it regardless

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no difference, I'm fearless!

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • This poll even scares me!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blacksnapon

Staff member
We're starting to get a lot of techs coming to this site. Are you more likely to undertake a big job, knowing theres someone here to help? Or does it make no difference.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
There are alot of projects I wouldn't jump into without knowing I can come here for tech help. Heck, I'm even scared of the poll just a little. :D

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I think it's great.

It makes it easy to check before I dive into something, which greatly reduces the chances I'll do expensive damage doing the wrong thing.

I don't really have anybody local who knows much about working on cars, and even less on modern vehicles (like my truck) so being able to ask experts makes it a lot easier to figure out how all this stuff works.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
My lack of mechanical is no secret to most here.

That being said, the ability to talk to someone that ACTUALLY knows about my vehicle AND works for Ford is a huge draw for me. It might not make me more inclined to do mechanical work but it has already saved me the headache of taking my car in to have a "diagnosis" done on it. It has allowed me to fix several small problems myself.

More then fixing things though the general knowledge that I get just from reading threads in this forum has grown my knowledge base tremendously.

Storm

Depends.. Vince you gonna fly up here if I get stuck under my cab when trying to take it off? ;-)

No I think its good.. Poor Vince has got some crazy calls from me about questions.. I'm sure when his wife tells him it's me, he's probably saying "great.. its STORM!"

smilietease smilietease smilietease

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
its nice to know yall are here.

Im a pretty good shade tree mechanic, but sometimes i need help.

I like the tech questions yall used to ask. You tech a,b, or both. whos right...

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I'm sure when his wife tells him it's me, he's probably saying "great.. its STORM!"
Here comes the STORM again,
Falling on my head like a 4 ton Truck,
I want to walk in the open wind,
cause he's got gas again,
I want to talk like technicians do,
I want to drive into your tornado,
Is it broken again ?

So, anyone else ever listen to the Eurythmics? smilietease

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
With these new electronic vehicles, I wouldn't even consider digging into any of my rolling stock without asking for some advice and tips first.

Gunner

Why only 1 yes response? Couldnt there be someting like Im pretty confodent in the tech? And 4 no's Why's that?

Ford Truck Articles