Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

new springs

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
well im getting my new springs this weekend hopefully! im getting from the local spring company that distributes springs and stuff for heavy equipment. very reputable. ive bought my rear springs from them 5 years ago for my 86 s-10 blazer. im not getting stock though. im getting 5 leafs per spring pack instead of 4 leafs. its the heavy duty pack. which will raise the rear a bit more and i wont run into the problem everyone seems to be having with the 4 leaf springs being to weak. by getting these springs im getting an extra 700lbs of added weight rating to the rear! the springs are costing me $150 each so $300 total. which isnt bad at all and is about the same if not a little more expensive the broncograveyard but i wont have to pay shipping since they are only about 15 minutes away from my housesmilietease

Black150

California Chapter member
So Cal
You might notice a stiffer ride in the rear with those new springs. And it's never too early to start soaking the spring eye and U-bolts.

Yeah I was gonna say that I hope you dont hit any speedbumps going over 2 mph cause you're gonna get launched out of your seat lol

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I've done the broncograveyard route and there isn't really a good way to do it. The springs they send are WAY too weak by themselves. Then you add a leaf and they become stiff as a board. Good luck!

Ryan

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Sounds good Trav. Like the other guys said, be prepared for a little stiffer ride. My leaf packs are 5 + overload spring (stock + 2 AAL's) and it rides stiff as a board! I'm looking into maybe some Skyjacker Softride lift springs.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
im getting from the local spring company that distributes springs and stuff for heavy equipment.

Donovan?

I used to deliver hydraulic power units to them on occasion when I was working in Worcester a few years back.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
yeah i know its gonna be stiffer. but im not sure how the stock ones will do. judging by what everyone has said about the 4 spring ones. since everyone got the 4 spring and added a leaf to get it right i figure why not go 5 leafs and forget the add a leaf all together...way cheaper this way. ill be calling them again thursday to get more info between the 4 and 5 leafs.

yeah donovan spring company in Londonderry NH. HUGE place. the have suspension [arts for earthmovers, tractors, big rigs, light/medium/heavy duty trucks and cars. they also work on heavy equipment too

Ford Truck Articles