Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New project in Calgary AB

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Most places are nicer than Manchester....:rofl: :rofl:

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Most places are nicer than Manchester....:rofl: :rofl:
Have you been to Detroit lately?

Welcome to the site Jwig, I wonder if Duncan hired you to help him finish his truck and in turn pulled some strings to get you in Country. :wasntme:

Maybe? i need the truck just to carry the application form in, its pretty hefty...
anyone tried taking the down pipe off a 302? mines got a crack in and needs patching up or replacing, im thinking the bolts will be tricky to unscrew tho with it being so hot in that area all the time i can see them being stuck in there. Its the section of pipe that comes down in a v (on a V8) shape from the engine and becomes one single pipe that then joins to the rest of the exhaust.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Chances are the studs will snap....you could try soaking them with penetrating oil beforehand.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
I have broken and removed a ton of exhaust bolts, the only way to remove them successfully is removing them with an impact at operating temp (hot). You can use penatrant oil while hot, but the impact is the key.

ok thanks for the info, i think im just going to cut out the bad section and weld a new section of pipe in, it will be way easier i hope.

So Duncan, i have to get an inspection done for my insurance company from a journeyman qualified mechanic, Iv pretty much smashed out all the Fail jobs now that i picked up myself. my question is do you think he will fail it for a crack in the exhaust ? its pretty loud..

Hi and welcome to FTF, missed your thread. If it is loud and leaking, good chance that it will not pass inspection. Outside of the noise factor, the exhaust gasses could get inside the cab. Side note- If the mechanic passed your truck and then you got pulled over for a noise infraction, that guy could lose his job for being allowed to inspect vehicles, so he is probably not going to let the exhaust issue slide. JMO

Yh i hear that, although i doubt it would stand up in a court of law as the hole is due to a bottomed out type incident, so i could just say i hit a boulder the day before.

Anyhow im not wanting a free pass,that isnt how i do business. iim going to get it seen too its just i need to find a replacement part somewhere as i looked again this mornin and the crack is right where 2 pipes become 1 so repair will
Be hard. And removing one of a scrap vehicle will
Be difficult as i wont be able to get one up
On racks or heat up the bolts with engine heat prior to removal. Do you know any spares dealers in southern alberta that might hold them Roy?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
So Duncan, i have to get an inspection done for my insurance company from a journeyman qualified mechanic, Iv pretty much smashed out all the Fail jobs now that i picked up myself. my question is do you think he will fail it for a crack in the exhaust ? its pretty loud..

More than likely as the Mechanic has to put his name on the inspection.

yeh i ordered something from LMC last thursday( a week ago) and they still haven't dispatched the item, so i rang them and they said they were a little behind and still estimating shipping costs?! Thats not good enough in any way! what a joke! So my truck passes its inspection, everything was good except the windshield glass which has a crack but is out of the drivers eye line, and obviously the y pipe is leaking. I also found the source of my oil leak today, it was an easy one, the previous owner just changed the oil filter and only tightened with his hand by the looks of it. It gradually got worse and lets put it this way, today i topped it up with 4 litres of oil. Could of been tears if i hadnt noticed and run her dry lol.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Depending on how far you are going to go with the truck, you can check out Dennis Carpenter as well for original tooling parts...also Fleabay.

Ok cool, So can anyone tell me which bodytype/model mine is? does it have a name? for example flareside,XLT etc. Or is it just f150 base model?

Also being from foreign lands i found this website pretty interesting, It helps you break down what your VIN number actually means and you can even find out which factory your ford truck was made in! Maybe its common knowledge but its new to me :)

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/VIN_Codes.html

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Ford Truck Articles