Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New/Old SD 250 question

I accidently posted this in the Gen 10 150 forum. Well I have an 02 250 SD 5.4. It has developed a miss when accelerating. You can ease of it a little and it clears up.Only acts up when acceling. I had this problem 23 times before. it was either a coil or moisture in the plug boot/wire. I pulled out, ohmed, blew out the plug port with air then put wd40 on each boot to make sure it went over the plug well and maybe run off any moisture. It did improve slightly but still there. I run Lucas oil cleaner twice a month so I dumped some sea foam in today just in case. It ain't throwing any codes and idles perfectly so without diagnostic tools I'm lost. Any ideas?

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Had a 97 that did this constantly on plug 3 or 4. The plug wire seemed to be the culprit it either went bad or loosened up and unseated of the plug.
Never found a cure tried different brands of wires, etc just learned to live with it..

You know smokey that kind of rings a bell with me. my number 6 wire/boot was really hot. it may be cracked. So dang hard to diagnose in the engine. My son has one of those heat reading guns. I can read the exhaust manifold and go from there. thanks bro. I'll let you know when I find it incase it may help you in the future. God bless you bro.

I replaced the plug/coil wires and ever so slightly stretched the springs so I knew they went onto the plug and used wd40 so they slid in easily. Of course I once again blew out each hole. Ohmed out each coil and injector. All good. Added half tank of 93 octane with a bottle of 108 octane boost plus sea foam yesterday. It's not a coil, plug, wire or gas. Please mail me a grenade so I can take care of this once and for all. I hate to use my won heehee. :guns:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts