Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hey all, I'm new to the site but a 6.0 owner for over a year. I have been around on a few other sites and learned a lot there about the SD and especially the infamous 6.0. Although I don't have any bad experiences with mine yet I feel for those that have and hope to be able to help out where I can.....I know my time is coming and will be asking for help down the road .......until then, I'll be lurking in the shadows and offering up what help I can. Mcrafty1

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
welcome to the site... biggest thing with the 6.0's is maintenance... mines been reliable for the most part... but ive been fighting the P.O. damage from lack of maintenance... Ive had parts break that never should have broke had it been properly maintained.

blacksnapon

Staff member
welcome to the site!

Thanks all for the warm welcome......I hope to be able to contribute in some way while I'm here, I'm sure I'll be asking for help too. Time will tell, but up to now I am very happy with my 6.0.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
see you have a nice set of mods there already... but see that your still missing the 6.4 banjo bolts...

Welcome to FTF, Mcrafty1! I too have a 6.0 I've been happy with. Mine is an '05 with 92,xxx miles. Other that the FICM going bad, it's been trouble free....
Glad to hear that, I find that it sometimes doesn't go over very well when we speak well of these engines....at least on some sites, seems to be that if you own one of these engines and you're on these forums it's suppose to be because you're having problems.

I went onto Powerstrokearmy and introduced myself and made the mistake of saying I had not had any problems with my 6.0 and the first six or seven replies was all trying to verbally castrate me.....I left and ain't been back. I like to hear the positive along with the negative concerning these trucks........seems a lot don't.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welcome to FTF.

I also have a nearly 10 year old 6.0. FICM went out once and other than that, it's been routine maintenance.

There was a leaking bedplate gasket and when it was being fixed did an EGR delete.

I know of lots of high mileage units with minimal problems.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Glad to hear that, I find that it sometimes doesn't go over very well when we speak well of these engines....at least on some sites, seems to be that if you own one of these engines and you're on these forums it's suppose to be because you're having problems.

I went onto Powerstrokearmy and introduced myself and made the mistake of saying I had not had any problems with my 6.0 and the first six or seven replies was all trying to verbally castrate me.....I left and ain't been back. I like to hear the positive along with the negative concerning these trucks........seems a lot don't.

yeah thats what i hate about most the sites out there... if your not having problems then they assume you really dont own one and are just making stuff up... but there's quite a few out there that run problem free for years...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts