Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New member from up north

I have been lurking for a while and decided to join up. Looks like a great group so far. I have had many Ford Trucks in the past and my current daily driver is a 1974 F100 4x4. I was in the market for a 1973 F250 4x4 after I sold my 1997 F350 Diesel and did not find any that were remotely affordable and in reliable condition. So, I decided to build what I want. I came up with 3 trucks and am building one out of the three. It will end up being a 1974 F100 with 1979 F250 axles (leaf sprung), 360FE, NP435 Trans & 205 Divorced T-Case, power steering and power disc/drum brakes.

The next project after I get the 74 on the road will be something in the 57-60 range in a 2wd for driving around in the summer.

I look forward to chatting and getting to know you all.

smilieFordlogo

:welcome: to FTF

And

:post pics:

I know better.....

1974F100Build018.jpg

1974F100Build015.jpg

1974F100Build020.jpg

1974F100Build003.jpg

Thanks.

The NP435/D24 combo was removed and I found a divorced set-up w/ NP205 to give me Low Range. It will very seldom used but comes in handy when needed.

Once I get home on the 14th, I should be able to get some work done and get the cross-member built for the divorced t-case.

This is the 1960 F350 I hope to turn into my summer truck. I took a look at it a few weeks ago, but the sellers did not want to budge on the price at all. If they still have it when I get home on the 14th, I think I'll make an offer on it. It is fairly solid, but will need some work. The camper is shot, but I would drop a flatbed on it and drive it in the summer months up here.

1960F350.jpg

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

I really planned on having the 74 F100 on the road this fall, before the snow hit the ground, but I was too busy this summer and we already had our first snow for the season. It is not sticking yet, but it's coming.

Welcome to the site!

Why don't alaskans build trucks with engines in the box making room for a cooler with beers under the hood ?

Welcome to the site!

Why don't alaskans build trucks with engines in the box making room for a cooler with beers under the hood ?

Sounds like a cool idea, but unfortunately, I use the bed of a truck quite a bit.

That really got the gears going. Build a floor in the engine compartment and make the radiator core support able to open once the hood is raised. Imagine the looks you'd get at the store when loading up all your adult beverages in the front of the truck......

Welcome to FTF!!! Looks like you have a nice project going. We have a few guys here that work in the oilfields and refer to themselves like you do in your profile. You'll find this is a good group of folks that love to help others with their questions, 'course we have our share of riff raff too!!! :rofl2: I'll not mention any names....

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Welcome, i like the project..i much prefer combining rigs to make what you want out of what youve got.

Welcome to FTF!!! Looks like you have a nice project going. We have a few guys here that work in the oilfields and refer to themselves like you do in your profile. You'll find this is a good group of folks that love to help others with their questions, 'course we have our share of riff raff too!!! :rofl2: I'll not mention any names....

I've only been here a few hours and you already got me pegged. smiliestirthepot

The project has been a blast and very frustrating at the same time. I really hope to get a bunch of work done on the truck during my next two weeks off.

"Oil Field Trash" is a term of endearment for most of us. YelloThumbUp

These are the trucks most of my parts came from.

Engine, transmission donor. The 3rd truck scrap parts are cut up and stuffed in the bed of this one.
1974F100Build001.jpg

The body donor.
P3200350sm.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Welcome! I'd love to have your body donor truck!

Ford Truck Articles