Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Member 1950 F3

Hey everyone new Member here to the site. I found the site and loved the incite everyone seemed to have. I figured I need to be apart of it.

I am from Washington State and just got myself a 1950 F3 and it hasn't ran in 20 years. I am currently tearing it apart ( Fenders, Brakes, Flat heat v8 was seized so I pulled that last week. and pretty much every thing else needs to be removed and replaced or cleaned up).

My plan was originally to preserve the look and patina of the rusty truck but as I have removed parts it has been more and more clear that I will need to replace a lot. so Im not going original, my plan with plenty of wiggle room to change, is to put a 350 small block into the truck with a tranny that will marry up. I was told that 350 was the best bang for my buck. (I know some won't like to hear that) let me know what you think i'm open to any Ideas.

I am looking for any knowledge that will help me put this rust bucket back together. and also help me find ways to save money on parts and expertise.

I look forward to the great discussions with everyone!

Thanks Kellen
1950 F3

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welcome to FTF....I'm sure Tim (MtFlat) will have some insight on what might be a good engine swap to keep it all Ford :D

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Howdy, I answered some of your questions in the gen 1 forum. Welcome and make yourself at home here - it's a great group of guys and gals!

Ford Truck Articles