Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New LMC steel chrome grill shell

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Looks good.

Wow very nice. No trouble with LMC here, and I'm not surprised DC doesn't make any parts. In this day and age it costs mucho $$ to buy the machines and tooling to stamp and machine, and the ROI wouldn't make it feasible for anyone new to start producing old parts. So, LMC and DC (etc.) are doing a great job of filling the gaps as distributors for the guys who produce. I say buy from who has the best service and stands behind what they sell.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Wow very nice. No trouble with LMC here, and I'm not surprised DC doesn't make any parts. In this day and age it costs mucho $$ to buy the machines and tooling to stamp and machine, and the ROI wouldn't make it feasible for anyone new to start producing old parts. So, LMC and DC (etc.) are doing a great job of filling the gaps as distributors for the guys who produce. I say buy from who has the best service and stands behind what they sell.
But the thing is, carpenter claims to have the Ford tooling...

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I'm pretty sure Dennis Carpenter makes the stuff not buys from other suppliers. LMC buys Dennis Carpenter stuff with imperfections and then sells it at retail price.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Would you bet your salary on that ?

No but I've gotten stuff from LMC that said Dennis Carpenter on it. So beats me how it really works.

I also bought a headlight ring from LMC thinking I was getting something to match original one and it turned out to just be one made by Help! products and I could have bought that at local parts place.

Last edited:
That grill looks like it fits really well and looks great. I'm impressed. Also, not only does the grill look great, so the rest of the truck.

Thanks Buck !
I cant wait to get it completely put back together and get some good pics in the sun to show you guys. The green really pops in the sunlight.
Im getting the new tires on today then all thats left is all my glass and my whole interior.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Im getting the new tires on today

New tires!!! Hell, them Hawgs don't look too bad, why don't you gift wrap them up real nice and send them my way?

Well the front two aint too bad yet but they aint great but for some reason right after the 460 swap the back two have gone to hell. They are not far from racing slicks at this point.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts