Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New K&N!

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Threw this on myself yesterday, I can definitely feel and hear the difference in acceleration! Its amazing how restrictive the stock filter was, its literally a flat piece encased in a plastic box. This is K&N's high performance Aircharger model, fits great and yes I just finished cleaning out all the dirt and grime from the engine compartment so it looks much better now haha :wavey:

0828131637_zpsbfbc6d23.jpg

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
If you take the 2 hoses off the piece of plastic where the IAC hose connects to the bottom you will see there are 2 horns under there also reducing power. The 460s only have it. I cut mine off!

460Trucker

very common for these types of intake filters to change the exhaust note, looks great Mike :)
just wait for the crisp fall afternoons!!

so.....have you spun the rear tires....?

Thanks Roy! And no, no tire spinning here haha...yet :wavey:

What is the part number on that filter? Wanna see if they have a enclosed version..

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

Part Number is 63-1014 in the K&N catalog.

Some interesting reading in here Mike. http://performanceunlimited.com/projectmpg/results.html My truck appears to have gained about half a mile per gallon just by finally adding the snorkel between the air box and core support, but I `ve only run one tank through it since then.

That is interesting, thanks for the link!

If you take the 2 hoses off the piece of plastic where the IAC hose connects to the bottom you will see there are 2 horns under there also reducing power. The 460s only have it. I cut mine off!

Its funny how restrictive some stock items can be, I have also heard stock headers on the 460s aren't that great either.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Here are the stock manifolds and my headman headers

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Hedman says mids. Driver is a shorty just about, pass is a mid.

460Trucker

Thanks I'm gonna see if they got an enclosed version..

And stock headers on anything sucks

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

No problem, and yea I'm going to see if I can find a pair of headers for my engine.

Nice. Did you notice any improvement in your mileage?

I will figure that out the next time I fill up, I forgot to note how many gallons I threw in this time. Oops haha, I will be sure to post when I figure it out. Right now im getting an average of 10, and thats stock everything except the exhaust system.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I get 10mpg with 37s and a heavy right foot lmao. The headers came from summit with a nice y pipe but I went for duals

460Trucker

460Trucker

I should buy a padlock for the barn now! Then again when I come home at 4am from work and see a bright orange truck in the driveway I'll know exactly whats going on! LOL

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts