Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

new guy old truck

Hey all,
I am so glad I found this site. There have already been many questions answered here that have helped me out to locate parts.
Long story short.
This was my grand fathers truck. He bought it as a retirement truck (he was a general contractor for 50 years). He got all the bells and whistles offered on this year for the most part. After my grand father passed in 89 grand ma offered it to me in 92. Yea I was all over that. 32000 miles on it at that point 220000 on it now. Can't ever sell it. I will post pics tommorrow unless I can get some tonight. Color is dark burgandy with a silver insert. Grandpa had a good choice of colors.
Chad
Lariet, camper special,f 250 towing rear bumper, power steering, ac,400
1 rust spot in the rear of the bed

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Welcome there :) pics of the truck are always welcome!

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Welcome to the website and glad you've found alot of answers so far. If you need any more to any other questions you have, feel free to ask away. And by all means get those pics up!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
WaaaaaazzzzzzzzuppPpp pPp pp!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Welcome aboard man...maybe I skimmed over it, but what year is your truck...from the description it has to be late 77-79, so it's awesome to have another dentside owner on the board. Enjoy yuor stay and post often.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
sounds like a gen 6 to me as well fella's....

No doubt it is...a camper special would make it no later than a 79 and the 400 would make it no earlier than 77.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
oops sorry guys 1978

Since they dropped the SCS designation before 78, that means you have the big ol spare tire door in your bed and you have a 140" wb?

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Welcome .. 90% of the rust free parts sold here in PA come from your neck of woods .

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts