Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Guy in Ohio

Hello FTF! I just picked up my 1969 F-100 from northern Alabama this past Saturday!!! This is my third Ford truck I've owned in my 41 years (1st: 1978 F150 XLT Lariat 4x4, 2nd: 2006 Ranger XL). Although I'm getting to be an old fart, I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to mechanics, so I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions than input or advice. I look forward to getting to know this site and it's members.

My "new" truck is an all original 1969 F-100 Custom Cab short bed with 302 and 3-on-the-tree...for now. Lots of plans.

Not sure where to start.

I definitely want to go LOW!

The paint and interior I plan to keep very close to stock. She has minor surface rust which I plan to keep, I dig the patina. She's rough around the edges but all in all a very solid truck.

Her name, given to her from my twelve year old daughter, is Baby Belle from 'Bama.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Demon-Cleaner, welcome to this cool site.

Don't worry to be a novice, there are other worse people, i.e. me.....and only me :headbang: . Well I had Fords, but never had a problem with them. So there was no need to fix anything.

The guys here are not smilieFordlogo -built, but more than tough anyways. They are even able to understand the poor and raped English written by an old Kraut.

Enjoy this excellent community. You won't regret it.

See you.....

Ronny

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Howdy from Montana! I was born in the Buckeye and have grandkids who are 12 and 13 - so some of us are even older farts.

Make yourself at home here and ask whatever questions you have. Your truck is pretty "new" though.... :)

As mentioned above you'll find a helpful bunch of guys and gals around here. It's also one of the few truck sites where you don't need to worry about the kids reading over your shoulder...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts