Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New gas cover....expensive buggers.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Looks great . Sand and paint the old one to match something else.

That's not a bad idea....I wasn't sure what to do with it. How would I mount it.....now that you got me thinking, I could sand it and put it on eprey and someone else that wants a cheaper option of putting this one on can take it and paint it himself, so I think I'll at least sand it. They do sell black ones.

That looks much better.

Thanks Randy! Little things like that can make all the difference in the world....does to me anyways.

I would definitely sand and primer the old one. Gotta be worth something to someone.
On mine the cap is ok, just the area around it that needs work.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Looks good, Ken. The hex bolts must be made of a different material, since the corrosion didn't seem to affect them.

Just saw this...wow, good catch.....also the inside of the cover looked as new as the NEW one.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I would definitely sand and primer the old one. Gotta be worth something to someone.
On mine the cap is ok, just the area around it that needs work.

Yeah, absolutely....thanks......with as much as they are even used or sold privately, I can still get a decent amount for this one.

Ford Truck Articles