Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Day ...New problem ..plz help

Ok we got alot of sensors changed ....and truck was running great but today I took it on my first long trip since the3 repairs. I got about 30 miles from home and truck jerked one time and then when I looked it had cut itself off - this time I pulled over ....and cranked it right back up ...ran fine ...gauges all looked good - water is actually running cold but I have done all I know to do in that dept and I am getting heat. It proceeded to do this to me 4 more times in a 65 mile trip ...dont matter what speed your going ...when it decides to do it its the same every time. I acually popped the clutch the last time and it cut itself back on and went right back to running good. HELP cause this has many a friend of mine scratching there heads !!

1994 Ford Ranger - 4 cyl 2.1
New Ignition Modulator
New sensor for DPSE
New Temp sensor
New thermostat

No codes - passed these on scan once we replaced the DPSE ...tested EGR and it was functioning properly.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Because you are getting no codes, this tells me that you're losing power or ground to the pcm. Essentially, when the circuits are fine, the pcm "sees" everything as no problem. When the circuit breaks, the pcm is dead and still doesnt see anything. Start at the battery and check all connections for integrity.
Ok we got alot of sensors changed ....and truck was running great but today I took it on my first long trip since the3 repairs. I got about 30 miles from home and truck jerked one time and then when I looked it had cut itself off - this time I pulled over ....and cranked it right back up ...ran fine ...gauges all looked good - water is actually running cold but I have done all I know to do in that dept and I am getting heat. It proceeded to do this to me 4 more times in a 65 mile trip ...dont matter what speed your going ...when it decides to do it its the same every time. I acually popped the clutch the last time and it cut itself back on and went right back to running good. HELP cause this has many a friend of mine scratching there heads !!

1994 Ford Ranger - 4 cyl 2.1
New Ignition Modulator
New sensor for DPSE
New Temp sensor
New thermostat

No codes - passed these on scan once we replaced the DPSE ...tested EGR and it was functioning properly.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
You may want to check the pcm relay make sure connections are good maybe switch it out with another one.

Ford Truck Articles