Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

need to gain more power

Hello in my 1994 f150 it seems like it has no get up and go. I've cleaned the spark plugs and they still look like they are in decent shape as do the wires. Is there any way I can get the power back in a 20 year old truck? Any suggestions would be great thanks!!!!!!

Tyler St.Clair

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
If you're talking about tune up items, a nice fresh air filter, fuel filter, and seafoam treatment can go a long way to help bring it back to life. If you're talking about making modifications, then the question becomes "what is your budget"?

Ryan

Okay thank you! And what is all involved in a COMPLETE tune up? And I am not wanting to make any modifications. Wanting to keep everything stock on this beast. I just want her back to her old self with the power that she use to have.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
My tune up is all of what Chris said, plus the PCV, timing ck, and all of the fluids, trans, tcase(if 4x4) and the diffs. Syn fluid in the diffs/tcase helps. Regular ATF in the trans.

Ford Truck Articles