Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need Some oppinions

So on monday night i loaded some scrap metal up in my 85 f150 (windsor 351) and on my way home with the scrap my truck wasnt running right it seemed to just not have any power. So i got home and parked it. i figured it was just a bug and yesterday i woke up to take the scrap to the scrap yard and it was doing the same thing. And now theres a nasty odor to it when its parked but the odors even worse when its running. When winter comes i cant be having these problems. So Idk what to do. Any advice or what it could be. I know its not the gas because i put premium in it and it never had a problem before.:hammer:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What kind of odor???? Like eggs...clogged cat. Like gas...jumped time.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
depending on the type of exhaust system you have it sounds like the catalayic converter is plugged.this will give off an rotten egg oder..as Ben stated above.it will also bog down the motor. a stuck EGR valve will also reduce power.

Last edited:
I'd say they're right...clogged cat...if it was timing the smell would only be when driving it. the nasty rotten egg smell could still be present for a couple min or so after shut off.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts