Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need advice! My running lights

Work fine but I lost a break light. I noticed its the same bulb, other than a loose wire what else could it be? Thanks

Just to clear this up, both brake lights are out? Apart from wiring it will either be a fuse or more likely a faulty brake light switch which will be located under the brake pedal.

I followed the wires from the tail light as far as I could see and everything looked intact. I followed the wires from the break light switch to the harness and it looked good. Ugh! So frustrated over something so small.lol.

Do you have access to a multimeter to check for voltage at the tail light end? There will be a common ground as well, it will look like a wire going to a bolt which is thru the chassis around the rear bumper area, sometimes unbolting it and cleaning it up with sandpaper and some cleaning agent will make for a cleaner contact when you put it back in place, it will be somethin simple, its just finding it, its hard to tell without looking at it.

Then that makes the job simpler, so you can take the bulb out and check for your 12 v comin from the contacts, and if its there then you know its either the bulb or its a problem with the return line which joins to that common ground we talked about, u can even turn ur multimeter to ohms and do a check from the return at the tail light socket back to the ground, my money is there being a high resistance there, anything over 1 ohms and u might not get lights on. Happy hunting!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts