Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

need a second opinion

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
my dad wants to buy this truck just to go to the beach with the dogs and the kayak and stuff he doesnt wanna use his 2 years old new truck..

nway he found this

Gen8
F150
manual

3 inch body lift
6 inch suspenshon lift

Image0008.jpg

Image0009.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00747.jpg

DSC00769.jpg

DSC00755.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

DSC00776.jpg

DSC00760.jpg

DSC00759.jpg

it drivers straight no dead wobble and doesnt turn crazy in a bump..
1750$ O.B.O

looks good exept the custom lift kit.. hmmm

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'm no mechanic, but doesn't look bad for the price and for what he wants done with it.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Yupp its not bad for the price. And he is only going to the beach no heavy offroading

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Interesting exhaust routing... And that TTB lift scares the daylights out of me. I am glad its down there, where I won't meet it on the road.

Looks good for what he wants to do with er...like everyone else I my self would be a tad weary of the lift as well... Definately a nice lookin rig

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
i spotted something that the rest of yall have missed......

9" rear end... not a 8.8". its been swapped in.

honestly.. i'd be very wary of the work thats been done... that lift is a hack job... but on the other hand for 1700 bucks, thats a pretty good base truck. even if you undid the lift..

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
i spotted something that the rest of yall have missed......

9" rear end... not a 8.8". its been swapped in.

honestly.. i'd be very wary of the work thats been done... that lift is a hack job... but on the other hand for 1700 bucks, thats a pretty good base truck. even if you undid the lift..
I noticed the rear end was a 3rd member but forgot to mention it by the time I got to posting :headbang:

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
I haven drivin it much I'm gonna let my dad read what u guys said and see if he still wants to take it for a test drive. The short route I drove it it wasn't so bad. Soo letsee. I will keep u guys updated. Oh yeah 9 inch rear end and not a zf gearbox or a m5od I dunnno what it is. I've hear something about t18 is it true? Can u guys see it??

I would pass. That thing has been beat, and it won't be a very comfortable vehicle to drive to the beach.

Chris, it's a 5 speed.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts