Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

NC Chat

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
I have the title now, I have a free chevy. GMC actually.

It was on CL for 450$$ needs engine. I called him and asked him if he needed carpentry/construction work in trade for the truck.

He wanted a new railling on his staircase. No Prob.

But Matt, I don't really feel right about this. That suburban can't be worth what it'd cost to build all that stair railing.

Anyway, the dude pays me $350 for the job, which more than covers the 2 days it took me to do it, and I get the 'burb too.

Beat that.

Geeze-o-pete Matt, that's a helluva deal! What's your end game for the 'burb?

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
need an engine to put in it, other than that it's in pretty nice shape.

and it's a 3/4 ton, so I may end up ditching the ford for it eventually.

But until I find an engine, it's sitting next to my f250 in brandon's garage...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sounds like a sweet deal Matt...you really can't pass something like that up. I hope it works well for you. I say a transplanted 454 will fit the bill nicely...preferably pre-72.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Matt...you up doing that mountain work now, so you don't have any internet capabilities???? Or are you just ignoring me again?

Anywho...anyone have anything big going on in the near future?

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Matt...you up doing that mountain work now, so you don't have any internet capabilities???? Or are you just ignoring me again?

Not yet, that looks like it on schedule for early june. I've just been busy.

I've looked at some 454s for the burb, all out of my price range so far. Might end up with a 400scb though, they're good engines...

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Not yet, that looks like it on schedule for early june. I've just been busy.

I've looked at some 454s for the burb, all out of my price range so far. Might end up with a 400scb though, they're good engines...

Put a Ford engine in that Burb so it will run right

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Put a Ford engine in that Burb so it will run right

if anyone wants to donate a 428 SCJ and c6 tranny i'd do it...

Funny you say that Cliff...well actually it's not cuz it's not what you're looking for but...some time next week I'm going to look at a couple 429's and 460's. They're all short blocks, but they have brand new in the box goodies that will complete them...ranging anywhere from $500-1500. I'm thinkin I'm gonna get one of the 460's for something...and dad said he wanted one of the 429's...dunno why, he doesn't even have dentside, or a truck anymore for that matter.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Funny you say that Cliff...well actually it's not cuz it's not what you're looking for but...some time next week I'm going to look at a couple 429's and 460's. They're all short blocks, but they have brand new in the box goodies that will complete them...ranging anywhere from $500-1500. I'm thinkin I'm gonna get one of the 460's for something...and dad said he wanted one of the 429's...dunno why, he doesn't even have dentside, or a truck anymore for that matter.

Dang lucky you. Wish I had the extra $$$$ to get a 429

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dang lucky you. Wish I had the extra $$$$ to get a 429

Well he's in no real rush to sell, he said he's had all of them just sitting for 1-3 years...sold the vehicles they were gonna go in to stay afloat in this economy. So if you come across some cash, lemme know and I'll let you know what he has and if they're any good or not (saw pics and they all look good). He does have one 429 reeeeeeal cheap, short block (except for oil pan) and toooooons of go fast parts for $500 add an oil pan and your time putting it together and you're looking at $700 429 that'll probably put out 450hp/500tq.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Well he's in no real rush to sell, he said he's had all of them just sitting for 1-3 years...sold the vehicles they were gonna go in to stay afloat in this economy. So if you come across some cash, lemme know and I'll let you know what he has and if they're any good or not (saw pics and they all look good). He does have one 429 reeeeeeal cheap, short block (except for oil pan) and toooooons of go fast parts for $500 add an oil pan and your time putting it together and you're looking at $700 429 that'll probably put out 450hp/500tq.

You're making me drool..... Now I really need to sell that 400.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You're making me drool..... Now I really need to sell that 400.

You know I offered to take that off your hands. But seriously, if you take up my offer, how in the hell are we gonna figure out if that thing runs before I pick it up? Is there an engine shop in Winston that could hook it up for me?

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
You know I offered to take that off your hands. But seriously, if you take up my offer, how in the hell are we gonna figure out if that thing runs before I pick it up? Is there an engine shop in Winston that could hook it up for me?

I don't know about a shop that can hook it up. I'm sure it's going to need rebuild

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You're right Cliff, tomorrow is Friday...do you know what the day after that is? If you do, you get a gold star. And actually I'm not studying this weekend at all...I have a private tryout for the BC Lions...a CFL team, and I'm flying out at 2am Saturday morning. Then I get to study on Monday...unless of course I score a free agent contract, then effe school...cuz I can always go back right?

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
You're right Cliff, tomorrow is Friday...do you know what the day after that is? If you do, you get a gold star. And actually I'm not studying this weekend at all...I have a private tryout for the BC Lions...a CFL team, and I'm flying out at 2am Saturday morning. Then I get to study on Monday...unless of course I score a free agent contract, then effe school...cuz I can always go back right?

Make sure you buy a nice old Mercury Truck.

Ford Truck Articles