Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My Wheel Search is Over.

Stumbled across these today on Craigslist. Lives about 20 minutes from me. Now I need to start finding out what to use to start cleaning them.

09-11-10_017.jpg

09-11-10_016.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You might want to consider soda blasting them...are they already textured a bit?

You might want to consider soda blasting them...are they already textured a bit?

Just the marks on the fins from the machining. They should smooth out fairly easy. Just talked to my neighbor who works with metals. He's going to take the worst one with him to work and give it a bath with some phosphate somethingororther and pressure wash em. He says they should clean up real good.

I believe those are called "Keystone turbo's". The General Lee had them on the Dukes of Hazard.

Yeah.
I've always referred to them as "turbines". Also heard them called Hurricanes. Can't see a name on them right now, I'll see after they are cleaned if a name or some kind of id marking is visible.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Just the marks on the fins from the machining. They should smooth out fairly easy. Just talked to my neighbor who works with metals. He's going to take the worst one with him to work and give it a bath with some phosphate somethingororther and pressure wash em. He says they should clean up real good.

Probably trisodium phosphate...and they should using that.

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
Similar to mine...Mine are Hurricane II's I think...

Well just got back the first wheel.
Didn't do s#%t.

So far from my "testing" it would seem that a brillo pad( steel wool with soap) and water seem to work the best. And alot of elbow grease.

Ford Truck Articles