Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My new toy/project/Driver

Its a 77 Ford F250 4X4.It has the 400 in it and a C6 trans.It need some body work.Will work on the when I get some parts in.It runs good and drives good.Here is a couple pics what you guys think?Its been awhile since I have been here and it feels good to be back in a Ford too.

77Ford.jpg

77Fordp3.jpg

77Fordp2.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Boy that brings back memories!..cool!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
tanman722001 said:
Its a 77 Ford F250 4X4.It has the 400 in it and a C6 trans.It need some body work.Will work on the when I get some parts in.It runs good and drives good.Here is a couple pics what you guys think?Its been awhile since I have been here and it feels good to be back in a Ford too.

Most of the trim is there....cool, would love to see this thing cleaned up!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good score Tony...for some reason, I feel a connection to that truck already.

lostinfords

New Jersey Chapter member
ben is that the twin to yours? as in do they both have divorced t/f cases and pwr assist steering? ...tanmans looks like a late 77? no? almost looks like a 78/79 w/ different grille/nose?..good looking truck though, looks solid w/ potential

lostinfords

does not go by date but by vin...after y20001..is there a cross member seen just below the bumper, looks like a newer front bumper..does it have pwr assist steering, divorced t/f case..nice score..I have a 77 crew cab

lostinfords

+++ and more +'s that means you don't have the older style power assist steering but the 78/79 style pump and box, the wider rear frame rails, allowing for a rear gas tank..plus other goodies, the divorced transfer case is good but I'd rather have the newer style power steering set up set up if I had a choice between the 2...divorced t/f case w/ pwr assist or married t/f case w/ newer pwr steering...

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
ben is that the twin to yours? as in do they both have divorced t/f cases and pwr assist steering? ...tanmans looks like a late 77? no? almost looks like a 78/79 w/ different grille/nose?..good looking truck though, looks solid w/ potential

It's the younger brother of mine. But I believe I see an XLT badge...so it may be a classier rig.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
No A/C is fine. Just open up the floor vents, turn the wings all the way in, and try not to let your speed drop below 40 mph. :)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
LOL.Yea AC would be nice but not important.

I'm getting to the point of just wanting to be comfortable...at 100+* plus the heat index, it's not as much fun to drive these things 3-5 months out of the year. I might be investing in some Vintage Air units very soon.

Ford Truck Articles