Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

my new motor

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
How much longer before you think you'll be able to get it all together?

im basically waitin on my buddy to give me a hand, i broke my wrist so im kinda limited, well get the block tore down and honed here soon, id say a couple months and the motor will be ready

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Cool. That means you can get it in before it gets too hot out again.

yeah, i think ive decided to just build this motor and put it in a mustang for a street/strip car, if all goes well id say by feb-march i should be driving it

started to pull yje pistons today, we worked on my buddys vette most of the day then finished tearing mine down now just gotta finish pullin pistons then get block to machine shop

yeah, i think ive decided to just build this motor and put it in a mustang for a street/strip car, if all goes well id say by feb-march i should be driving it

What are you thinking as for a Mustang?

Classic?
Foxbody?
SN-95?

Pros and cons

Classic

Pros:
Old school
original
relatively light

Cons:
Expensive
Handling could be better
could be a difficult build
Might need extensive reconditioning

Foxbody

Pros:

Cheap and Abundant
Lightweight
more features than a classic one
Easy to work on

Cons:

Not very original
kinda ugly (opinion)
might need reconditioning

SN-95

Pros:

Modern
Decent handling
lots of features
looks good

Cons:

Heavy
hard to work on with the computers
worry about emissions
complicated

just off the top of my head... [confused]

right now while id love to put it in a classic i just dont have the money, this is defimatly being built on a tight budget and finding a classic in good shape isnt cheap/easy, right now im plannin on just putting it in a fox body mostly cause this is my first build (im 17) and i know theres tons of proven results and support for this and for the basic fact that there are fox bodies everywhere for cheap like u said, while im not in love with the styles of them, i can deal with it, especially once the motors in :), i think they look decent in black too

right now while id love to put it in a classic i just dont have the money, this is defimatly being built on a tight budget and finding a classic in good shape isnt cheap/easy, right now im plannin on just putting it in a fox body mostly cause this is my first build (im 17) and i know theres tons of proven results and support for this and for the basic fact that there are fox bodies everywhere for cheap like u said, while im not in love with the styles of them, i can deal with it, especially once the motors in :), i think they look decent in black too

I'd go against the grain and find a Mercury Capri, still Foxbody but they look better, and its not just 'another mustang'. :)

Side.jpg

that would be pretty cool, ill look around

was doing some research and aparently its not that hard to shoehorn the 351w into a 64-66 so i think im gunna wait and do that, a 64-66 stang with a 351W is my dream car, ive wanted to build one since i was young and just learning about cars so i think imma go for it

was doing some research and aparently its not that hard to shoehorn the 351w into a 64-66 so i think im gunna wait and do that, a 64-66 stang with a 351W is my dream car, ive wanted to build one since i was young and just learning about cars so i think imma go for it

Good to hear mike. :)

Are you going original with it? Resto-mod? Modern chassis/internals?

itll be a resto mod but im not gunna get too crazy, mild 351w c4/ manual valve body, ill be upgrading suspension/axles so it perform decent on the street and still hooks good at the track, disc brakes all the way around, basically just a mild street/strip car with classic original styles that scares off the little ricers

itll be a resto mod but im not gunna get too crazy, mild 351w c4/ manual valve body, ill be upgrading suspension/axles so it perform decent on the street and still hooks good at the track, disc brakes all the way around, basically just a mild street/strip car with classic original styles that scares off the little ricers

Sounds like a cool project. YelloThumbUp

Classic Mustangs FTW. smilieFordlogo

yup, i just need to sell my truck to help fund the project, and the gas mileage is killin me, imma buy a cheap ranger for my dd then have the mustang for a toy

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Ha ha I'll sell ya the LeSaddillac cheap man...nice to see your project is gittin going.....if you need machine work lemme know I got a buddy with access to a shop..everything you could want...he'd do it for cheap too...if you change your mind....I got a 91 f-150 2wd with your name on it...I even got a 44TTB front for it too....just gimme a holler.

I'm actually goin to get the block honed, possibly bore it .030 over and hone, any idea on prices

well cant really afford to build my truck anymore and was trying to sell of this stuff from my motor when dad had an amazing idea, why dont we just build the mustang weve always talked about building, so im lookin for an old mustang again to build, itll probably be a real slow build cause of money issues but imma start workin on this motor again now, what i want is a mild 351(357)W im thinking in the 300-350 hp ranger with around 400 ft/lbs tq, nothing crazy, and want it to be pretty reliable, the car will by no means be a drag car just a fun street cruiser with a little power behind it

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts