Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My 78 F-250 almost complete pics

As some of you know I've been working on fixing up my 78 for quite some time..heres some pics from beginning till now. Me and dad did all the body work and then had it painted etc. I still need to get the rear bumper on it and get my wheel wheel moldings on it and find an explorer hood ornament and put tailgate pieces on. The truck is a custom with an Explorer package. I also need to go to junkyard and find couple pieces for dash. I will then be ready to go other than putting end link bushings on and siliconing front windshield, as it still leaks some with new seals..I really like the wheels and tires I found..it took me months of looking to find some used ones i could afford..comments?

click on pics..they go to full size

Attachments

• 78ford.jpg
  • 78ford2.jpg
  • 78ford3.jpg
Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Damn...not bad, not bad at all, I'll roll in it. Is the new paint from the original paint code? Regardless, looks good.

Nice job, Nothing better than projects startin to come together

Damn...not bad, not bad at all, I'll roll in it. Is the new paint from the original paint code? Regardless, looks good.
No, it's not from the original code, I looked long and hard for the color, I'm very pleased with it, it's got alot of metallic in it that u can see when it's sunny out. I didnt like the original color on mine and couldnt find the paint code for the original color thats close to this. I've got all NOS chrome to put on the truck..I bought the whole set for $100 for tailight buckets,wheel wheel moldings,tailgate chrome,tailight,etc

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Man that look really nice. I love those wheels. I tried for awhile to find a good set with the 8 lug pattern, but could never find any around my area so I went with aftermarket. Also, I wasn't too crazy about keeping 16.5 inch tires so I went the 16s. But, I'd still love to find a nice set of those wheels. I like that color on the truck too. Nice find on the NOS chrome.

Ford Truck Articles