Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Mmmmmm.....

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I'm drunk in love with the King Ranch package. The lift might be cool for some guys, but the tan/brown King Ranch combo....

smilieleghump

Ryan

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
40k won't get you anything more than an xlt. :D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
C'mon Ken...that's a little 'brahtastic'...you know, bling blang, tow mirrors, stacked chips and rollin coal brah. I still can't get over those fugly frontends myself. AKA diesel rice.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
40k won't get you anything more than an xlt. :D

Used and low mileage and a little patience and you can...I proved it with my KR.

C'mon Ken...that's a little 'brahtastic'...you know, bling blang, tow mirrors, stacked chips and rollin coal brah. I still can't get over those fugly frontends myself. AKA diesel rice.

No, you're right Ben....it's a little Blingy, but I still like it....I wouldn't have done EVERYthing on this thing, but some of it.

Those wheels are hideous and the lift is a little much. Pass.

Wheels are ok and you're right, lift is a bit much.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I see myself putting a 2 or 3 inch lift on the KR and put a little larger more aggressive tire on it in the future some day.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

The way I see it though is soccer mom USA transitioned away from the minivan/station wagon and in to these rolling living rooms with transfer cases. Good economy until the mid-2000's, and cheap gas prices made these things affordable. Economy crashes, gas prices almost double, people unload these trucks, and they're stupid cheap to pick up...and you get guys buying them up and doing this to them because 1) they have a little package or 2) more money than brains. I do like both of those though for the intended mall crawling purposes.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
The way I see it though is soccer mom USA transitioned away from the minivan/station wagon and in to these rolling living rooms with transfer cases. Good economy until the mid-2000's, and cheap gas prices made these things affordable. Economy crashes, gas prices almost double, people unload these trucks, and they're stupid cheap to pick up...and you get guys buying them up and doing this to them because 1) they have a little package or 2) more money than brains. I do like both of those though for the intended mall crawling purposes.

I hear ya Ben.....they look nice and the prices on these two are more earthly than the 60k that KR was commanding.....but even so, the 1 foot lifts and 46" tires are way too much.......I'd take these trucks almost as is, cause I like how they built it (doesn't surprise anyone as it looks like my KR or even my 77, just newer), without the lift and tires.....a 2-3" lift with 33"s or 35"s seem more practical.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
No doubt...I never saw much purpose in trucks like those...they are pretty though.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts